Her body felt heavy and stiff, not to mention she could feel her heart pounding on her temple. Arline felt she didn't get to rest as much as she wished, like someone had knocked her out and she came in and out of her sleep, while having weird dreams. Arline had no idea that what happened last night wasn't a nightmare. When she got up, she saw the three boys near the dragons, chatting and preparing some things. She stared at the emptiness of the cave but it looked like she was fixated on them.

"Good morning Arline" Zeroun greeted her, making her snap out of her thoughts and handled her a cup filled with a weird colored water "It's lavender water, you had a weird night"

"Good morning to you too" she raised her eyebrows in confusion "What do you mean?"

"You don't remember?" Zeroun wasn't surprised really, he had seen a lot of people not realizing they almost got killed and dressing it up as an illusion.

"I remember a bad dream but nothing else, it's not a big deal" she brushed it off her head.

"Arline" he squatted to be at her eye level "You were attacked last night". She sipped the water, still confused. She instantly felt a wave of wellness through her body.

"How are you feeling?" it was the first time Calix seemed truly worried and pat her head gently.

"I'm fine" she was partially lying and sounded exasperated. Arline was the kind of person who felt like couldn't ask for help, so she had to endure it on her own. She considered herself annoying whenever she complained, thinking she was the center of attention.

"By the way you passed out last night, I would say otherwise" Larsin came by their side "Arline"

Calix and Zeroun were waiting for him to break the news to their new friend. Arline looked at him, her eyes looked glossy, almost as if tears were building up. She raised her eyebrows for him to continue "We are leaving Arline, back where we are from" he sounded remorseful, as if he didn't want to leave.

She didn't flinch. She knew they wouldn't be together forever. But she didn't have a plan B. Nevertheless, she just nodded her head, understanding, and passing her a hand for him to shake, as a good bye.

"Wait, I didn't finish" Larsin seemed displeased by her reaction "You are not staying here alone" He looked slightly annoyed at how she didn't asked them to take her with them.

"What am I supposed to do? Beg you to take me with you?" Arline decided to stand up to try to be at his level, but he was way taller than her.

"Not beg, just ask" he corrected her.

"It's the same thing, it just depends in what tone you use" she turned around leaving him shocked. She was growing on him.

His friends enjoyed her easy way with words and her wit, and actually liked her because she didn't seem flustered by his friend. Despite how entertained they were, they signaled Larsin to follow her to make her change her mind.

"We're not leaving you here" he implied "Those things might come back" he sounded disturbed.

"By the way, what were "those things" you're talking about" she crossed her arms, making her look even smaller "I recall everything as a dream, an awful one" she admitted, feeling like a child.

"Mermaids, very dangerous ones" he sighed. She couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. He furrowed his eyebrows "I am not lying" he assured her.

"Hey, I'm not underestimating mermaids nor their existence, I mean there's an actual dragon in front of me" she signaled Vatra "But you seriously want me to believe a mermaid, a creature known to hypnotize sailors, decided to charm me instead?" she exposed while looking at him dead in the eyes.