- chapter six ;

"What day do we go back on the road?" I asked, Jon. I vaguely remember Colby mentioning it the other night. We've been home for a good hour just watching tv. It wad still a little awkward being alone with him, I don't even know where I stand with him.

"You guys leave Thursday." He said, casually, not taking his eyes off the tv. Did he think I wouldn't catch on to his words? I calmed down before speaking, maybe its not what I think.

"What about you? Did you take extra time off?" I asked him, keeping my voice in check.

"Uh not exactly." I sighed, turning the tv off.

"Hey! I was watching that." He said, finally looking at me. I ignored his statement.

"What do you mean not exactly?"

"Can we just drop this?"

"Not until you tell me why you're not going back with us?" I hear him sigh, and run his fingers through his hair.

"I got suspended for thirty days, okay, is that what you want to hear, I fucked up again." He yells.

"Did you do this on purpose?!" I yelled back at him, now we're both standing

"What the hell did you do?"

"I-nevermind, it's none of your business anyways." God, he is the only person who can make me mad in a short period of time, and he's done it twice now, within two days.

"JONATHAN GOOD." I yelled at his retreating form, making he's way up the stairs. He stops and turns around to look at me.

"TAYLOR LOPEZ." He retorts, mocking me.

"We aren't done talking about this." My voice calming down, considerably.

"Yeah, I think we are." With that, he turns back around and continues to his room. I debated on going up there but in the end I decided not too.

I didn't want to have another full blown argument with him, and if I go up there, that's what's going to happened. I retreat to the kitchen and make some tea. When it's about done, Joe and Colby are arriving back. I hear them enter the house and make their way to the kitchen.

"What did you make us to eat?" Joe asks, looking for food.

"Joe, we ate like three hours ago." I tell him, to which he just shrugs.

"I'm a growing boy!" He said, opening the fridge.

"Dude, no, you're not." Colby says, laughing taking a seat at the table.

"Fine, a man with a hearty appetite." He says, sitting next to Colby, putting the plate of chicken he found left over from yesterday down in front of him.

"How did you go from a boy to a man in one sentence?" I smiled, listening to the pointless conversation these two were having.

"I go with whatever works at the moment." I listened for a few more minutes, after some moments of silence, I sit down across from Colby and Joe. My curiosity gets the best of me, like it does all the time.

"What did Jon get suspended for?" I asked no one particular. Joe chocks on his chicken and Colby looks at me in shock.

"He told you?" Colby asks me, in disbelief. Why wouldn't he tell me? Although it took him long enough.

"Well more like let it slip, but he wouldn't tell me why, we argued, and he went to his room." I tell them in one sentence, before they start asking questions.

"Huh."  Was the only thing out of them, I'm not even sure which one it was.

"So one of you going to tell me what he did?" I said, looking at Colby to Joe.

"He punched Sheamus." Joe tells me, earning a punch in the arm from Colby.

"Ow, what the hell was that for?" He asks Colby, rubbing his arm where Colby punched him.

"We weren't suppose to say anything."

"No, we aren't suppose to tell why."

"Joe, shut the hell up." Colby said, slapping him upside the head.

"Ow, what the fuck was that one for?" He asks, replacing his hand that was rubbing his arm and moving it to his head.

"Just shut up, Jon is going to kill you." Realization of what he said must have washed over him because he stood up.

"Right, I think I'm going to head to the gym, see ya Tay, bye Colby." He said, taking the last two pieces of chicken with him, and quickly exiting the house. I watched him leave, confused once he's out the door I turn back to Colby.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing just Jon being Jon." He told me, not making eye contact with me. He was always bad at lying.

"Yeah and look at where that's got him." I look over at Colby and see his facial expression change.

"Hey, maybe you should know the whole story before you say things like that." He says, his voice raising, he is getting angry. I didn't even do anything, God I sound like such a girl.

"Well I would if someone would just tell me the whole fucking story!" I raised my voice just like he did. I HATE fighting with Colby, but that rarely happens.

"Just go talk to him, before you say things like that please?" He says, his voice softer as he looks at me.

"Why can't you tell me?" I ask, not seeing what the big deal is.

"It's not my place, just go up and talk to him, Taylor." he says, motioning me to go.

"I can't, I don't think we are talking to each other right now." I see him smile, and shake his head.

"You two fight like an old married couple." He said, laughing a little bit.

"Well 99.9% of the time, it's his fault." I say defending myself.

"You guys take a simple conversation and turn it into a fight, then refuse to talk to each other make up, and fight again." Now I think he's exaggerating... well maybe not, Colby doesn't need to know that.

"We do not, once in awhile we have a fight." I say, defending us.

"You two have more fights in a week, then most people have in a lifetime."

"Shut up."

"No really, it amuses the rest of us, I mean you guys are so close to each other but you'd never know it by listening to ya." What's the point he's tying to get across?

"Yeah Colby, we are all pretty close."

"Yeah but you and Jon are different, one minute your ripping each other's heads off and the next your in the kitchen cooking together." Okay, that happened once, and it was misunderstanding.

"What's your point Colby?"

"Nothing just saying, ya now." I don't know if it's  a statement or question. Sometimes, he confused me as much as Jon and Joe does. The Shield all equally confused me.

"Sure Colby."

"He'd do anything in the world for you." Colby  says, ending the silence abruptly.

"Who?" I asked, not knowing who he was talking about, he just rolls his eyes.

"Jon. I know you guys fight a lot but he really would." Why is he telling me this?

"Uh, okay." I say, could this conversation get weirder?

"I think you should give him a chance." Well that answered my question.

"A chance at what? Colby what are you even talking about?" I ask him, he just looks at me and sighs.

"Nothing, go talk to him." He says, standing up.

"Where are you going?"

"To call Leighla, where going out tonight... I'm going to ask her to marry me." I was wondering when he was going to ask her.

"About time, you better go shower, though." I said, waving my hand in front of my face.

"Shut up." He says, disappearing behind the wall. I laughed quietly to myself before standing up to go talk to Jon. Not that I want to talk to him though. I was still pissed at him.