- chapter ten ;

"Jon, no, we can't do this." I said, pulling away from him. I take a few steps backwards.

"Why not?" He asks, taking those few steps forward towards me.

"Because, it's not right."

"What's so wrong with it?"

"It's not right Jon." I tell him, unable to think of a legitimate excuse at the moment. He stands there and stares at me, trying to think of something to say most likely while I look anywhere but him. I figured he would left a true Jon fashion, but to my surprise, when I did look over at the spot he was occupying, he was still there with nothing to say, we just look at each other.

"Did you mean what you said?" He asked,  startling me. Again he takes a step forward, and I take a step back, the back of my legs coming in contact with the couch, which I decided to sit on.

"Mean what?" I asked him, not knowing what he's talking about, I watch him retreat to chair about five feet away from me.

"What you said earlier about having feelings for me?" He said, barely audible.

"Yeah." was all I said, there was no sense in lying to him, since I already told him once.

"How long?" What the hell is this twenty questions?

"God, Jon, I don't know, for awhile I guess."

"Why didn't you ever say anything?" I let out a bitter laugh at that.

"What was I suppose to say to you? Hey Jon I'm glad you're here, are you hungry? By the way I'm in love with you." I ask him, silently cursing myself for the end of that sentence.

"Yeah that would have worked." I silently thank him for not saying anything about it, maybe he didn't catch it.

"Why Jon? So I could get my heart broken,  when you laughed in my face?" I just about yelling at him, standing up.

"Your heart wouldn't have been broken, and you know I'd never laugh at you." I think he is infuriated, which makes me mad.

"When would you have like me to tell you? You have a new girlfriend every other week."

"Maybe I have different girlfriends every week so you know how I feel how I feel when you talk about your latest love interest." He steps towards me almost as if he is challenging me.

"Maybe I talk about them because you never pay any mind to me."

"Maybe I don't pay any mind to you because you're always ignoring me." I scoff at that, I rarely ignore him, okay, so I usually do, but I didn't think he actually took notice.

"Maybe that's because you annoy the hell out of me." I say stepping closer to him.

"Maybe that's because I love-" He was cut off by another voice.

"What the hell is going on here?!" We whip our heads around to see Colby standing in the doorway, in front of a smirking Joe.

"Nothing." Jon mumbles, taking one last glance at me, and headed out the front door.

"I will get you later." Colby said, pointing a finger at me, then making his way out after Jon. I sigh and flop back down on the couch. How do I get myself in these predicaments? I look up at Joe who took the seat next to me, and put his arm around my shoulder.

"So you gonna tell me what happened?" He asked. For once sounding serious.

"Jon was being an ass."

"Of course he was, I knew that but what exactly happened?" He asked again.

"You mean besides the fact that I all but basically told him I was in love with him, his kissing me, me pushing away, then getting into an argument over me not telling him." I asks him with an exasperated sigh.

"You guys actually got into an argument over you telling him how you feel?"

"Yeah."

"If that's not the dumbest thing I ever heard.''

"Shut up, it was his fault anyways." I said, lightly smacking his arm.

"Right, I never doubted it." I crack a smile at his remark. Jon maybe be his best friend but Joe will always take my side over his.

"So what should I do?" I ask him, hopefully he knows the answer.

"Go cook me some food."

"Joe!"

"What we just had a signing and I didn't eat." Serious Joe must only come in short increments at a time.

"Come on forreal what should I do, I can't face him after what I said."

"I don't see what the big deal is, all you did was tell him you had feeling for him.

"Yeah and he doesn't feel that way about me, how am I supposed to face him again?"

"Did Jon actually tell you he didn't have feelings for you?"

"Well no, not exactly."

"I didn't think so, Jon is like so in love with you." He says, in the most casual way possible.

"What I don't think so."

"No really, he is. You remember when you had a crush on me?"

"Yeah, I was like seventeen." I tell him, not knowing where he is going with this.

"Jon was so jealous, he would have done anything to trade places with me, he avoided you for days remember? He was afraid you would be able to tell."

"I think your talking about the wrong girl here."

"No I'm not, if you would have seen the beating on Stephen, you wouldn't be questioning it." I decided I don't like serious Joe.

"Besides, I am his best friend I know these things, hell even Colby and Leighla knows." He continues.

"Should you really be telling me this, Joe?"

"Well we cant count on Jon to, so someone had to." I smile and hug him.

"I don't know what I'd do without you Joe." I said, pulling away.

"Does this mean you'll cook me something to eat?"

A few hours have passed, and Joe made his way to his date tonight, Colby came back didn't say a word to me and went and got a shower. I hope he isn't mad at me, I didn't get the chance to ask, he was taking Leighla out one of the few nights we had home, we headed back in two days.

Jon still hasn't returned from his disappearance which was about two hours ago, and to be honest, as much as I am mad at him, I am beginning to get worried, it's dark and he's walking. I'm sure he'll be fine, I keep telling myself, I'm ready to go out and drag his ass back to the house. When I hear the front door opening. I turn to see that it is Jon.

"Where the hell have you been? I was worried sick."

He just mutters something and make his way and makes his way up the steps, completely ignoring me. A few seconds later I hear his door slam shut, I decided against going up to talk to him, instead I turn on the tv. It wasn't long before I hear his door slam shut again, followed by the sound of him descending down the steps. He walked over and stood in front of me. He bent down and took the remote and shut the tv off. He grabs my hands and pulls me up so that I'm face with him.

"What are you do-" I was cut off by his lips on mine, just like earlier only difference is I am not pulling away this time.

Two chapters out in one day! I only have four more chapters to go until this story is finished. RATE. xoxox.