- chapter eight ;

Silence, is what could be heard when we pulled apart, except for the beating of a heart, I'm not sure if it's his or mine, or both. I can't believe he kissed me back, I can't believe I did that. I drop my arms from his neck and step back, looking down, there was no way I could face him. I just kissed my best friend, my best friend kissed me back. How do I get myself into this predicaments?

I can feel him looking at me, he was probably as confused as I am, he was probably shocked, that's why he kissed me back, it's the only logical reason. I finally gather the courage to look up at him, only to find him looking back at me, a small smile playing on his lips. Before anything cn be said, his bedroom door opens.

"Glad you can knock, Colby." Jon said, looking at the intruder.

"What, it's not like I was going to walk in and see you two making out or something." I blush furiously at his statement. Turning my head so he couldn't see. I can still see Jon and the amusement on his face...Asshole, this isn't funny.

"Hey, you never know." I am going to kill him he has no right talking about Joe's big mouth, his is just as big.

"Right, well I decided to take my chances, anyway, I'm heading out. Leighla and I are going to a club a few towns over, so I'm just going to stay at her place tonight, I will be back sometime tomorrow afternoon." Great just great, I can't be alone with Jon that long, maybe Joe will be back soon!

"Don't go knocking her up now Colby,  I'm going to call Joe and see when he's coming back." Jon tells Colby, as if I wasn't even in the room.

"I'll ignore that comment Jon, and Joe met a girl at the gym, well you can figure the rest from there." GREAT JUST GREAT, there goes that plan. Damn you Joe for being such a whore! Looks like it will be an early night for me, actually it's already 10:30, good excuse to ignore Jon.

"Looks like it's just you and me tonight, babydoll." I hate when he calls me that, and he knows it.

"That's what I get for not having other friends." I said, sitting down on his bed.

"You saying I'm not good enough company for you?" He asks, sitting down beside me. I look up and notice Colby had left the room.

"Who ever said you weren't smart?" I asked playfully, trying to ignore how uncomfortable it was now from him being close.

"You're quite the jokster today aren't ya?" He asks, putting his finger on my thigh, drawing loose circle.

"Who said I was joking?" I said, standing up, not liking the feeling that arise in me when he touches me.

"Looks like I'm all by myself tonight, then no one to talk too,  just me." He sighs, and lays back on his bed closing his eyes. I quietly laugh to myself.

"Don't forget FeeFee!" I can see him smile not even trying to hide it.

"Right, just me and FeeFee, alone, with nothing to do." I look at him once more, instantly remembering the feel of his lips on mine. He seems to sense that something is up because he sits back up.

"Hey,  what's wrong?" He asks, standing and pulling me lightly backwards on the bed with him.

"I'm sorry for kissing you Jon."

"You want to forget about it?" He said, looking down at me. That's not what I expected him to say.

"I think it would be best, I don't want to ruin our friendship." I said, tears forming in my eyes. He takes my hand and I look up at him.

"Listen it was a two way kiss, it's not like I pulled away. And it didn't ruin our friendship, nothing would, okay?" I look up and see the concern and disappointment in his eyes.

"So we're cool?" I ask him, hoping it is.

"Yeah, we're cool, and it's erased from my memory as of now."

"Thank you Jon." I tell him standing back up and heading for the door. Nothing else was said, and I made my way downstairs. I sat down and looking at somethings on the computer. I see an article reading the headline "Ambrose out of action for a month due to injuries from last week's match." What a lie. Just goes to show you can't believe anything these sites say. I exist out when Jon merges back into the room.

"Do you want to watch The Outsiders, with me?" Jon asked.

"You know I do." That's my all time favorite movie and he knows I never say no to watching it.

"Good, I have it set up in my room." Him room? I don't know if that's a good idea. He seems to notice my hesitation.

"Come on, you're making The Outsiders wait, let's go!" He said, grabbing my hand and leading me towards the stairs. His way of easing my mind. We get to his room, and he changes into a pair of sweats, opting without a shirt and I'm already in a pair of shorts and a Shield shirt. We climb into his bed and get comfortable. I don't think all the characters were even in on the movie yet, and as I asleep, my head on Jon's chest and an arm wrapped around him. His head on mine, with both arms around me. The last thing I remember was his warm  lips brushing against my forehead, before I gave into sleep.

Sorry this one is short. :( but rate?