- chapter five ;

"Yeah, we're in here!" I yelled, backing up from him. That shouldn't have almost happened, like before. Jon was my friend like Joe is my friend, and that's it.  Friends don't almost kiss each other, man what was I thinking?

"Well that's good, I was starting to worry about ya." Colby said, walking in the kitchen and stopped short when he saw salt all over the place.

"Am I missing something here?" Colby asked, looking at Jon then to me. Jon pleaded a look on his face to me, not saying it wasn't him and I sighed.

"It's okay Colby, it was a little grease fire, that's all." I said, and instantly looked over at Jon.

"I told you a million of times, not to start fires in the kitchen." He said, raising his voice at Jon.

"Actually, it wasn't Jon who started it, it was me." I said, taking the blame, and Jon just looks at me and smiles.

"Then how come Jon has the burn on his hand?" Colby asked, and I looked over at Jon, who was stunned I took the blame for him.

"He burned his hand helping me." I reply, I just hoped Colby would drop it already, it's not that important.

"Oh sorry for yelling at you man." Colby said, looking over at Jon.

"No problem man, I would have thought the same thing, Tay, fixed me up so it's cool." Jon spoke for the first time, locking his eyes on me.

"Good,  Taylor please be careful, I don't want to worry about you more than I have too." Colby said, hugging me, I looked over his shoulder at Jon, and smiled at him, who mouthed thank you to me.

"I'm going to get a shower and then we're going to ride dirtbikes." Colby said, pulling away from me. This is something The Shield likes to do, well we like to do. I never had interest on riding them, but Colby insisted on getting me one. Jon promised to teach me how to ride, and he did, now I can't get enough .

I walk into the livingroom and sat on the couch and flipping through the channels on tv tying to pass time. About ten minutes later, I jump out of my skin, when I feel a hot breath on my neck. I turned around and scowl at Jon who falls on the couch, laughing.

"After what I did for you, this is how you repay me?" I questioned in a light hearted tone, making sure he knows, I'm joking. The expression on his face becomes serious, though, and he looks at me.

"I want to thank you for that, you didn't have too." He said, looking at me.  I scan his face and locked my eyes with his, and I can see the seriousness in them. Which is odd to see that look when it comes to Jon.

"I know, but I didn't want you to get in trouble." I reply in an almost whisper.

"Thanks and uh, sorry for almost uh, kissing you. I don't know what came over me but I'm sorry." He says, grabbing my hand, letting me know he's sorry.

"It was a spurr of the moment thing, Jon. And nothing happened, besides it was as much as my fault than yours, I could have pulled away." I said, with a smile, lacing my fingers through his, why I don't know but it just felt right.

"Yeah true, but no woman can resist this, so I understand why you didn't." He said, trying not to laugh.

"I know, it's was hard, hell when I'm in the same room with you. I can barely control myself, all I do is undress you with my eyes, like I am right now." I said, running my hands up his chest. I can feel his breathing become more ragged and I laugh at the expression on his face.

"Oh you think you're funny, huh?" He asks, moving his hand to my side.

"I know I'm funny." I tell him, shivering slightly when he rubs his hands up and down my sides.