.11

I woke up that morning, not remembering going to sleep. I woke up with boxes all around me. Some were empty, others were still full of things, mostly because I had no idea where to put them. I walked downstairs, el was wake but nobody else was.
-"where's hop and mom?" I ask.
-"asleep, it's 7 am. You sleep well?" She asked, toasting eggos.
-"yeah, when did I even go to sleep."
-"midnight, you were wiped." She giggled, giving me a plate for the waffles.

we both sat at the brand new table we just bought for the house, I get a better look at everything. There were still boxes everywhere. But it looked nice, it looked peaceful.
-"I'm so relieved to be back home." I groan.
-"me too, it's so much better here." El sighed, drinking a glass of water.

i got up after eating, noticing a big glass door hiding in the living room.
I look out of it, it was a huge patio deck. There was a fire pit in the corner, and a bunch of woods surrounding it."
-"gosh, I love this house more by the minute." El said, i nodded before shutting the curtains to the door.
-"what should we do today? all of our stuff is basically unpacked." I ask.
-"they said that they wanted to take us to the new drive in theater tonight that opened up months ago, but idk what to do until then." She said.
-"okay, I'm taking a shower." I stated before walking back upstairs to our bathroom and showering.
i really wanted to talk to Mike again.
I've missed him, I've missed all of my friends. But mike and I have been getting closer every week. we haven't had a individual talk yet. I knew I'd see him later, so I sucked it up and continued with my day.
My mom walked downstairs, looking like she's about to leave.
-"where are you going?" Jonathan asked.
-"I got my job at melvalds back, Donald wants me to stop by."
-"what about your job at home?" I ask.
-"I hated it, this is better for me. I'll be back in a few hours." She said, leaving.
Jonathan checks his watch.
-"I should start going to, I have to go register my college dorm." He said.
-"how longs that gonna take?" I ask.
-"few hours. You won't be leaving until 8 tonight though, I'll be home before you guys leave."

he left, leaving El and I home alone.
-"we could call them over?" She offered.
-"to do what?"
-"D&D?"
-"no. I'm sick of that game." I groan.
-"why? you used to love it." She said.
-"i just don't feel like playing."
she rolls her eyes, walking to the kitchen for the phone. She twirls the cord in her finger while talking to whoever she was calling.
she hung up the phone and rushed to the living room.
-"get your shoes on, we're going to the arcade."

•••

we stopped our bikes, noticing our friends already outside. I haven't been to this place in forever, it was so familiar.
we followed mike, Lucas and Dustin inside. I noticed max at the front with a name tag.
-"you work here now?" I ask.
-"yep, I have to take the shift today. you guys can still have fun though." She smiled.

we all hung out there for about 2 hours, talking and playing games. I missed the feeling of having fun with my friends. After playing for a long time it was 5. I knew I had to leave before my mom or brother came home. We all began leaving.

-"so mike and I are bringing cars, who're you picking up?" Lucas asked.
-"uh, Will and el." He said, looking at me.
I could just tell by the way he looked at me, he wanted to say something. I couldn't tell what it was, but there was something bothering him.
-"okay, I'll just pick up max and dustin then." He said, smiling with max. By the way they looked at each other, I could tell they were back together. They've always been my favorite, they're so cute together.
we all rode our bikes together home, it wasn't until I realized when we dropped off mike that our house was in the woods behind his, that made my heart light up. we were so much closer together.
We threw our bikes in the garage, their cars were still gone. thank god they weren't home.
We sat in the living room, waiting for it to be 7.