Chapter 19

Hey! I'm back! Woohoo! Ok, anyway. I won't babble about how hectic my schedule is as of the moment and I'll just get on with the story. :) yay

Enjoy x

+++

STEPH'S P.O.V

Only a few more weeks until I graduate! I've been really focusing on my studies. I took away all the other distractions like Zayn. Well, he was the only distraction after all. I haven't spoken to him for months and it feels kind of great. He always avoids me now, but I don't care considering the fact that I hate him.

Well, enough about him! I have sent applications to different colleges whether they were in the country or not. Ever since I was little, my mind was set to go to Yale for college. Yes I know, why not choose Harvard? Everyone already chooses Harvard and I think Yale can give me the best education I need in order to become successful. Not that I'm advertising or promoting or anything.

I've been studying hard to pass the entrance exams and today was the moment of truth. The acceptance or, God forbid, the rejection letter to Yale will be sent to my house today. Too bad it is a school day. I would've stayed outside my house and waited for the mailman to arrive with my mail. Nope, not weird at all.

+++

(At School)

"Marianne! I'm so nervous!" I admitted.

"Don't be hun, you'll do fine." She assured.

"I hope it is. I mean I applied for different colleges but I've wanted to go there since forever!" I said, as if just telling this to my best friend for the first time. And it was definitely not the first.

"I know! Are you forgetting that I have been your best friend ever since your mother gave birth to you?" She reminded me.

"No! I'm just so.....ugh! I wanna go home now." I sighed.

"What is this about going home?" Louis suddenly appeared. 

"Oh, you're here." I sighed. 

"Why does it sound like she's not happy to see my gorgeous face?" He turned to Marianne. 

"The acceptance letters to Yale are going to be sent out today." Marianne replied.

"Oh.......... So that means if you pass, you'll go to America?" He asked with a sad tone. 

"Well.............." 

"She's leaving us." Marianne finished.

"You're gonna leave us!" He burst out. 

"Dont worry. I'll visit you guys once in a while. That is if I do pass, which I hope I will." I calmed him down. 

"Oh that's good. We wouldn't want Zayn to miss you too much." He teased. 

"Shut up! I just got over it ok." I snapped, as Louis raised his arms in surrender. 

"He really is sorry for what he did." Louis reminded me for the nth time. 

"Well, I don't care. I hate him and there is nothing you can do to change that." I said in a bitter tone. 

"It doesn't help to hold a grudge on somebody for too long, Steph." Marianne said. 

"Wow, when did you become a preacher?" I rolled my eyes. 

"Just saying. If the boy really is sorry, then there is no reason to hate him anymore. Think about it Steph." She continued. 

"Whatever." 

The school bell rang, signaling the end of lunch. Marianne and Louis waved goodbye. I found myself walking along the empty halls, thinking about what Louis and Marianne said. UGH I hate those two, they're right. There is no reason to hate on someone who already seeks an apology. I was getting deeper into my thoughts when I bumped into Mr. Higgins.