Chapter 25: The Devilish Smirk

Trigger Warning: Violence

Azula sauntered into the room, wearing a wicked grin on her features.

They knew there was no where to run.

They were all stuck.

Azula cackled to herself, "Well isn't this a nice reunion?" she mocked them, as if their attempts were laughable to her.

The three of them looked at her with devilish glares. They had their fists raised to fight even though they knew fighting was futile.

Azula wore her mischievous grin with pride, "Guards" she spat out through gritted teeth. Several guards funneled in behind her, grabbing each of them by their arms, stopping them from bending.

The guards holding Katara twisted her wrist, causing her to shout out in pain. The two boys fought harder at the sound.

"Don't you fucking hurt her!!" Sokka swore, resisting the guards that were holding him.

But they all knew the point was mute.

They fell into the traps laid by the devil and they lost.

Azula crossed her arms at her chest, slowly circling them, "I must say. I am impressed. You managed to fool a warden and dozen of guards. But you couldn't fool me. Shame..."

Katara glared up at the younger girl, not caring where it put her.

The firebender looked back at her. She moved until she was standing inches from the other girl. Despite her age, she towered over the water bender.

She spat out her words as she looked down at her, "You've really got some nerve, huh peasant..."

Zuko watched his sister like a hawk, ready to bolt towards her and strangle her with his bare hands if he had to. He wouldn't let her put a finger on Katara.

But he quickly remembered how Katara didn't need his protection, when Katara wadded up a ball of spit in her mouth and aimed it right for Azula's face.

Azula stepped back quickly enough to avoid the blow to the face, instead finding its target on the toe of her shoes.

Zuko smirked, remembering when he had done a similar trick to his sister not so long ago.

"When will you ever learn baby sister..." Zuko teased lightly, not afraid of much anymore.

He was going to die anyways.

Azula's eyes filled with rage, "Put this one in the cell next to this one. I will come to interrogate that one" she pointed to Katara, "Later"

A devilish smirk crept onto her features as the guards dragged Katara away.

"And this one?" A guard asked, indicating to the water tribe boy.

Azula waved her hand carelessly, "Put him to work somewhere... I have no interest in him... yet anyway"

She walked in front of her brother, "I'd like to have a conversation with this one..." she practically whispered as she spoke, "Chain him up"

The guard holding Zuko pulled him back against the wall. He didn't even bother to struggle, knowing she had already won. He simply glared at her through squinted eyes.

The chains felt heavy around his wrists but not as heavy as his stomach that laid in the pit of his stomach.

"Oh brother... did you really think you could escape? That seems rather naive, even for you" Azula spoke in a mocking tone.

Zuko stood and stared at her, completely silent. He wouldn't give her that satisfaction.

Azula turned away from him, "Dad had a feeling that something wasn't going right when he received an interesting letter from the warden"