All Hail

Arthur walked up the long flight of stairs to the tower where Merlin now slept. Given the new extent of his powers, Merlin's nightmares often affected the world around him. Out of fear of harming someone, he moved where people would not be close to him when he was asleep. Due to this, Arthur had a long uphill walk to go find his friend.

When Arthur reached the door it was shaking. Honestly, that's expected. He listened in close and heard what sounded like a windstorm. He knocked on the door trying to snap his friend out of it.

Merlin knelt beside Lancelot trying to hold back tears. He couldn't save everybody. He never could. Winds arose as Merlin mourned over one of his best friend's body. In the back of his mind he could hear banging, but he didn't care. His friend was gone. He had succeeded, but he failed all the same.

"Merlin!"

Wait, that yell. He knew that yell. It was usually accompanied by something being thrown at him.

"Merlin?"

No, that was more concerned. Why was Arthur's concerned yell in the back of his head? Oh...

Merlin woke with a gasp, as if coming up for air. His heart began to slow and he heard Arthur asking for him again.

"Come in," Merlin said, and the door opened on its own.

"What happened in here?" Arthur balked, entering the room. There were things knocked over, on the floor, and broken.
"This place is a wreck!"

"Well it wasn't a wreck last night," Merlin replied groggily.

Things started float back to their place and broken things mended all on their own. Within seconds, the room was back to looking how it should be.

"That's better. Same nightmare?" Arthur questioned.

"You mean same memory? Yeah."

"Well it must be getting somewhat better. There were only a few small white clouds circling above your room this morning. The first few days it was thunderstorms."

"So you woke me up because of a few white clouds?"

"No- I woke you up for a Court meeting."

Merlin rolled back over and groaned into the pillows.

"Come on," Arthur muttered. He found a free pillow and proceeded to hit the warlock with it. Merlin let out a sound of protest and blindly tried to grab the pillow back from him.

"I'm starting to understand why you found this so enjoyable every morning," Arthur laughed. Arthur continued to hit him with the pillow, but when Merlin still refused to move so he came up with a better threat.

"Get up or I'm going to find Morgana."

That did the trick. He got up and began to get ready.

"Good job. I'll see you in the royal hall in half an hour. Do NOT be late."

"Is there a particular reason you need an unstable Court Sorcerer for this meeting?"

"Oh don't worry, you'll like this one."

With that, Arthur closed the door behind him and left.

Half and hour later, Merlin did arrive at the doors of the Great Hall. Weird... why is a meeting being held in the great hall?

"Exactly what I was wondering."

Merlin startled, and quickly turned to find Morgana standing behind him. He honestly didn't know whether to be relieved or slightly annoyed.

"I didn't think that I was thinking out loud."

"No, you weren't. But you were thinking rather loudly."