12.

She froze. 

   How the hell did I get caught?

   Sakura didn't know what to do. Sasuke was standing right in front of her! Does she make a run for it? Or does she take the upcoming lecture? She doesn't want to be a coward, that's for sure.

   She stepped inside and walked to the bed. She sat down and looked up at Sasuke. "Go on. You can give me my lecture now. I know I deserve it." 

   Sasuke sighed. How long has she been smoking and why? 

    "I'm not going to give you a huge lecture, Sakura. You're an adult, you can do whatever you feel like doing. I want to know how long you've been doing this."

   Why has she been doing this? When did she start exactly? She can't remember. She doesn't smoke much, that's for sure. It's going to be really hard to explain. 

   "Actually, I can't remember how long I've been smoking," Sakura said. She doesn't know why she doesn't remember. "Maybe it was around the time that the 4th Shinobi war ended? I don't know. I just...I think I smoked to deal with everything that happened throughout the years. It was a lot for a teenage girl, y'know?"

   By now, Sakura had tears in her eyes. She didn't think there was a reason to cry because of what was happening. She held in the tears, knowing that it wasn't good for her to keep in these emotions. What she needs is another cigarette. 

   "I get it, Sakura. You went through a lot of things. You needed some relief from it all, smoking turned out to be that relief. And you kept doing it. Because all these emotions were held through the years and you couldn't take it anymore. I'm sure today wasn't any better. I'm sorry."

   Sakura burst into tears. Her face was turning all wrinkled. It wasn't a pretty sight. She lay on the bed, sobbing. 

   Sasuke walked over to her and slightly rubbed her back. He cares for Sakura as a sister. He doesn't want to see her hurt like this. 

   The door creaked open. Sarada stood in the doorway. A confused look was plastered on her face. 

   What the hell is going on?

   "Mom, Dad? What's happened? Why is mom crying?"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . . . . . .  .. . . . . ... . . . 

Short but full of angst. I hope you all are having a fantastic day/night!

           I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone.                                                                                                                         -Robin Williams, 1951-2014