𝟎𝟔 - ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀsᴏɴ ᴏғ ʟᴏᴠᴇ.

chapter six,
the season of love.

chapter six,the season of love

2001

‧₊˚THE CRISP AIR, the grey clouds, the white of snow shoveled on the pavement. winter was always Bellamy Gilmore's favorite season. she felt like nothing wrong could happen when it was cold.

"why are you so chipper?"

the girl had a smile on her face as she sat on the counter of Luke's diner. "it's winter!" she answered, taking a sip of coca-cola she had beside her.

"so?" she scoffed reaching over to Luke. she stretched her arm out to touch his shoulder, "it's the season of . . . love, romance, christmas" he rolled his eyes, pushing off her hand. "get off the counter, people eat here"

"how are you so grumpy on such a . . . wonderful day?" he was now shaking his head, with a very slight cracked smile. "Kitty and i are going to New Haven this weekend" she told him.

"your mom let you? for how long?"

"yes Luke, i asked her." she chuckled, she couldn't wait to get out of this small, suffocating town. "and we're going to new haven for two days, then i'm spending the rest in hartford with my grandparents"

the sound of the bell from the front door was enough to move Bellamy's eyes from Luke over to the door. "Jess!" she jumped down in excitement, and ran over to the male, engulfing him into a hug. she was able to because her ankle healed quicker than most people's would, so she was allowed to take off her cast.

"woah there" he chuckled, sharing a look with Luke, "why is she in such a good mood?" he asked, he wasn't used to it. "it's winter!"

"i think she's on drugs" Luke commented.

"not yet" she winked, earning a scowl from the forty year old, and a laugh from the seventeen year old. ". . . kidding !"

"we going, Gilmore?"

she nodded her head aggressively, "yes!"

"where are you two going?" Bellamy turned to Luke, clasping her hands together in excitement, "we are going to build a snowman!" he let out a laugh, he was amused by her sudden giddiness.

"you two have fun" Luke spoke, watching her walk out of the diner alongside Jess. he was glad Jess made friends, nonetheless, with Bella. he just hoped he wouldn't mess it up.

for the first time time a long time, Bellamy felt like things were finally looking up for her. the past few weeks, the group of friends invited Jess to join them with open arms, and he accepted, they'd hang out between class periods, after school, lunch.

the Gilmore girl found herself wanting to be around Jess more, and more, unable to wrap around her head, the reason. although she never wanted to admit it, deep down, she knew.

"are you kidding me?" Jess spoke in disbelief, staring at the snowman with frozen raspberries for eyes, blueberries for the mouth, and a whole banana for its nose. "what?"

"you call that a snowman?"

she let out a dramatic gasp, placing a hand on her chest. "excuse me, i think he's cute"

Jess hummed in response, standing closer to view the snowman. "let me guess. . . you named him an old man's name?"

"you know me so well, Mariano"

"so what is it?"

"want to take a wild guess?"

"Gilbert?" she shook her head, "no, that's my stuffed turtle's name" he let out a laugh, something he only did around people he trusted and liked.

"George?"

she looked at him in disbelief, crossing her arms. "it's George?" Jess let out another laugh before shaking his head and grabbing a blueberry from its container, and placing it on the snowman's mouth. "why is he full of fruit?"

"because, he's George the fruitman"

"fruitman? what about the snow part?"

"frozen fruit man?"

"fruitman it is"

ੈ✩‧₊˚ BELL'S CHIPPER MOOD never went away, which took Jack and Kitty by surprise when they met up with her and Jess

‧₊˚ BELL'S CHIPPER MOOD never went away, which took Jack and Kitty by surprise when they met up with her and Jess. the four of them were sat in Jack's basement.

"do you seriously believe in vampires?"

Jack let out a laugh, after Kitty became anxious from her high, claiming they were going to get attacked by vampires in their sleep.

"they're real!"

Jess and Bell were sat on the sofa across from Jack and Kitty, uncontrollably laughing at the two's ridiculous conversation.

"want another drink?" Jess nodded his head, watching Bell stand up to grab a beer out of the mini-fridge. handing him the cold alcoholic beverage, plopped herself back down and threw her legs over his.

"thanks" she smiled at him, grabbing a book out of her bag. titled on the road. she handed it to him, earning a confused look from Jess as he took it.

"what's this?"

"well, considering how much you liked my notes in all the margins of my last book, i thought you might like the ones on this one"

he began to skim through the book, noticing the marks and scribbles in between every empty space, the way she thought was so intriguing. he wanted to know every single thought that went through her mind, he wanted to find out everything about her, her secrets, her flaws, her perfections, everything.

"is this your favorite?"

"no, my favorite happens to be Pride and Prejudice" he nodded his head, he liked that book, he even sat through the movie- but he didn't like it so much. "let me guess, you prefer the movie?"

she let off a shrug, taking a sip of her beer. "it was okay, but books are always the best part"

"you underestimate me, Mariano"

"yeah. . . i guess i do"

 i guess i do"