𝟐𝟓 - ғᴀɪʟᴜʀᴇ.

chapter twenty-five,
failure.

chapter twenty-five,failure

2002

ੈ✩‧₊˚BELLAMY GILMORE froze in place, feeling the world around her completely shatter

‧₊˚BELLAMY GILMORE froze in place, feeling the world around her completely shatter. maybe it was just a piece of paper, but to her - her future was written in cursive.

it only solidified what she had been thinking for the entirety of her life. she wasn't good enough.

of course, she cursed as she bit her lip just until she could taste the flavor of blood drip on her tongue. she should've known.

Yale University. one of the few colleges that she was not accepted into. but it was the only one that mattered. it didn't matter if she got into Princeton or Dartmouth - all she cared about was Yale.

and she didn't get in.

how did she have herself convinced that she'd get in? everybody around her assured her - even the dean of admissions seemed to be pleased with their interview.

she wasn't the only one, though. Bellamy crumbled the piece of paper until it was balled up, and threw it on the floor of her bedroom before jumping on top of Kitty.

she didn't get in either.

Jack sat in the corner of the room, watching the girls embrace, he knew how much they both wanted to get into Yale. his heart broke for them. he didn't apply - his plan was to stay in Stars Hollow.

a single tear drop fell from the blue eyes of Kitty's, sniffling as her hand caressed Bell's back. they wanted to attend Yale together. but it seemed life had other plans.

"we'll figure it out, Bell" Kitty told her friend softly, the brunette nodded and pulled away. she sat on the bed criss-crossed, wiping away her tears.

she thought that'd be the end of her tears.

but as per usual, she was wrong.

downstairs stood an enthusiastic Rory Gilmore, her tongue stuck out at the corner of her mouth as she ripped open the envelope, a gasp escaped her lips.