Chapter 12: Eternal Sigil

Reoal'rin TempleAti HareiNight

Reoal'rin Temple
Ati Harei
Night

"Reoki'mani," Alanis said in a questioning way while Tyrell opened the temple door.

After her outing with Wesley, she made her way to Reoal'rin to speak with the temple master regarding her visit with the earth goddess. He had mentioned something about the Reoki'mani before, so it was only logical to assume he had more information regarding the subject.

"My lady, the hour is late." He tried his best to stifle her curiosity, but was ignored as she walked past him. He watched as she made herself comfortable in one of the leather armchairs that sat near the fireplace.

"I apologize for barging in so late in the evening, but this is important and you're the only one I can talk to." She looked up from the fire, to the empty chair that sat across from her.

Alanis waited until he took seat in it before she continued, "This evening I talked with the earth goddess, Reiro. I now know I must sacrifice myself to call upon Reoki'mani, but there's nothing in any of my books regarding this mysterious power. You're the only one who has any sort of knowledge of it."

And search she had, after her last visit with the old temple master, she had scoured all of her books and skimmed every tome in the palace's library. There was absolutely nothing written on the subject, so she was left with the conclusion that any information pertaining to Reoki'mani was lost with the passage of time, or simply kept secret.

   And if it were, Tyrell would surely know.

"And you won't find anything." He glanced over, his still face moved along with the jumping flames.

   The latter... of course. It is always the latter, I should have known.

"Well, do you know anything more about it? Anything would help."

He was quiet, but she could feel his apprehension towards her question. It was thick, weighing heavily on him as much as her encumbering task. No, he didn't want to talk about it. She could tell he was afraid of her reaction, afraid the truth would hurt her.

"Gods, this is going to be harder for me now, isn't it?" she said while lowering her eyes to her lap then brought her fingers to her temples. How could she handle this new power? It was hard as hell to see his pain as it played on his face, but now she was open to the feelings that were buried beneath that ominous look.

"I can feel your pain, it's coursing through me," she said while lowering her hands, "You need to relax before it worsens."

"I see, the earth goddess must have awakened your power."

"Yes, Reiro said she had given me a gift," Alanis replied with a nod, "I was greeted by her when I journeyed to Furisre Sreuni to visit the God King's Throne. I know this is going to sound weird, but I was transported to the true Furisre Sreuni." She went on to explain the event, noticing Tyrell's lack of surprise as she told the story.