Chapter 5- Threatening Models and Other Dangerous Tasks

Please comment and Vote, each one makes me really happy!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Chapter 5- Threatening Models and Other Dangerous Tasks

::::::::::::::::

I saw her as she melted from the shadows, coming through the back gate to the school parking lot. Blaze, the mystery girl, who I now had a date with. We hadn't talked since last Tuesday, when we made the deal. it was now the next monday and I needed to get the ball rolling. Her light wash jeans were splattered with pastel paint, she wore a chunky brown sweater and her hair was in a complicated looking braid thingy. She may irritate the living daylights out of me, but she can make warm winter clothes look sexy. I wish every word that came out of her mouth wasn't some sarcastic remark coupled with a fact or figure.

Her bright eyes scanned the crowd and she ducked her way to the door, with a lithe step, avoiding elbows. I followed her, with the intent of setting our date, but developed a plan to surprise her a little. I stayed back, ten or so feet, until she opened her locker. I crept up behind it and waited for her to gather all her books. When she closed the metal door, I was right there.

"Hey," I smiled casually.

"GOD bless America!" she jumped back and a piece of paper dropped out of her school bag. "Do you have some kind of....obsession.... with scaring the SHIZ out of me?" She sounded flustered, and made to get her paper, which had slowly drifted to the floor. I bent down before she could get it it and snapped it up.

"The Renaissance Festival?" I asked, looking at the brightly colored flyer advertising jobs, a pixie playing a violin was standing front and center.

"You become a very talented braider when working in a foster home surrounded by little girls," she said defensively, "Plus, Gavin broke his arm and I need a little extra work," I felt bad for her.

"How many jobs do you work right now?" I asked, knowing she can't have time for much with all her studies.

"One solid job with hours at Abercrombie, I also tutor and do people's taxes," she snatched the flyer from my hands, "and now I wear a gypsy costume and braid,"

It's times like these when I wish she was mute, she would be so hot and lovable. But alas, the tiny sexy girl has a mouth, and a big one at that.

"Do you have a job?" She asked me, looking genuinely curious. I immediately felt embarrassed.

"No," I quickly though of an excuse, "but I have practice all the time!" I try to make up for it.

She just snickered,

"You should get a job, to know what it's like. Just so that you know you can rely on yourself for college." I really didn't like where this conversation was going. A girl walked by and I smiled at her, she came over to me.

"Hey Easton," she pushed up her chest.

"Hey Tammy,"

"Haven't seen you in a while, big boy, we should change that,"

"Yeah," I became distracted by Blaze's retreating figure, "Later, okay?"

"Blaze! Wait up!" She pivoted on her foot and stuck her chin up defiantly,

"What?"

"Well you asked me out," she rolled her eyes, "so we should set that up, right?" I needed to plan my workout schedule.

"The action you are speaking of was a mutual agreement on a subject that YOU brought up, I merely proposed swifter means of executing the task, resulting in a fake date. Is that clear?" She spoke clearly, in a way that intimidated me.