Chapter 9 ❣︎ Bonita!

𝕊𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝔽𝕠𝕣 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 ℂ𝕝𝕚𝕔𝕜 ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕪 𝕎𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕖 ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘:

Pʅαყ !

▶︎

Chapter 9, Bonita Marty's POV

Chapter 9, Bonita
Marty's POV

We went about four towns over to give us some time to rest. I knew that they were ruthless and hunting her down like a dog. They would not stop. The cops really needed to catch these guys so Novah could get back to living her life.

I could not tell her about Angelina. It was too painful to bring up. Just that I could not keep Angelina safe. Angelina had been the sister of the guy Novah had been dating!

This was the same. And her brother's enemies had killed her off. They hunted her down until she was reaching the point of giving up. I tried to keep her safe. But that was before I was famous.

Before I had the money as well as the means to keep her safe. I could keep Novah safe. Novah was not going to die at the hands of these types of ruthless men.

I was going to make damn sure of that!

I was allowing myself to show my feelings for her. I knew she knew. But she did not return my feelings that was clear. She saw me as annoying brother type.

She always had when we were all growing up together. She would never know how deep my love for her runs. I loved Novah more than I ever could care for Angelina. Angelina knew this to. She knew my heart belonged to another woman. 

I tried to get over Novah with Angelina. Nothing ever worked. My heart belonged to Novah. And my heart would never get over her. I was having such sleepless nights.

Worrying over Novah. Worrying we were going to have to flee in the middle of the night. Worrying they would take her from me. To worrying that I was going to lose all control with her.

Make love to her. Make her see I was worthy of her love. She was never going to love me. I had to give that idea up. It was a silly notion my heart had held onto for many years.

All my songs I had written were for Novah. She had not read between the lines. Had she even listened to my full album? I could not help but wonder if she had or not. 

This morning I was up before her. I watched over her while she slept. I got us a free breakfast from the place we were staying at today. And was making calls. I called back to her brothers.