-// alternate ending \\-

2nd Scenario Ending!

31st of October, Wednesday, 1981

(Don't Blame Me//Taylor Swift)

"Can we do this another time?! You all need to leave like, 5 minutes ago!" Peter suddenly yelled, looking out the window in full panic. "He could be here any –"

The sound of the front door bursting open echoed to the through the closed door of the entryway. Andrea spun quickly, grabbing Harry out of the pen and shielding him behind her.

"Get upstairs. Get upstairs NOW!" James shouted. "You too mate!" Sirius yelled, grabbing his shoulder and pulling him up the stairs with him.

James grabbed the sleeve of a frozen Peter and pulled him up with him, taking the stairs two at a time. "Get off. Let me do this. Let me protect you," Peter argued, struggling against James' iron grip.

"You're not dying for anyone today, Pettigrew!" Andrea yelled, grabbing Sirius and pulling them all with her.

Andrea, the only one facing down, saw the hooded figure of a tall man at the bottom of the stairs. "GET DOWN!" she yelled, ducking and tugging Sirius down with her.

A blast of green lit up the roof above her from the Killing Curse the unwelcome visitor had sent their way. James got up and grabbed Andrea, pulling her down the hallway towards their room at the end of the corridor.

Sirius dipped into the room across from them, grabbing Marly out of her crib and hurrying into Andrea and James' room as well.

She handed Harry over to James as she ushered Peter past her. She gathered a fireball in her hand, spinning and firing it down the hall just as the hooded head appeared at the top of the stairs.

Her aim was perfect, but the man formerly known as Tom Riddle easily blocked it.

She brought up two more, throwing one after the other at him.

A hand grabbed her wrist, tugging her towards the bedroom door. "Give me your wand I left mine downstairs!" James urged her.

Andrea reached for her backpocket but felt it empty.

Last she'd used it was in the kitchen. They were wandless.

All of them.

With a snap decision, Andrea met James' warm chestnut eyes. "Protect Harry," she whispered, a lump gathering in her throat.

James' eyes shot wide and as he took in her words he leapt forward to grab her again, but she quickly sent out a spell, sending all her friends, Marly and her son flying backwards into the room, the door snapping shut with a click as the lock fell in place.

Andrea spun towards the stairs again.

The hooded figure lifted his cloak and finally faced her. He didn't even look human anymore, she thought. She'd seen pictures of their enemy from before he turned to pure evil. He looked like any regular Hogwarts student.

But how much had lurked under the surface of this man.

"Miss Russo," he nodded slowly, his wand lowered casually. "Mrs Potter," she corrected him through greeted teeth.

"Ah, yes," he nodded. "You have great power, young girl. It would be a shame to kill someone as powerful as you. All I want is the boy. Don't stand in my way and I'll let the rest of you live. Even your pet rat Pettigrew."

Andrea straightened her spine, blocking out the banging on the door next to her. "Over my dead body."

She could feel her magic coursing through her veins. It was a wonder it wasn't glowing through her skin. She summoned as much magic, power and force as she could.