Dinner

Mark and Robin sat at either ends of the table.

Jay sat on mark's left with Louis and harry next to each other on the left.

Anne sat on Robin's right, with lottie and Gemma on his right as well.

"You still upset?" Louis whispers?

"About what?"

"You know what?"

"Oh you mean you leaving me to go to Manchester, yes. I'm still upset"

Louis looks down at the table, Jay noticed his change of mood.

"Maybe, we should start ordering?"

Mumble agreements were heard.

"So, what will you be getting?" Louis tries.

"Whatever you're eating" Harry answers simply.

"You'll just eat  off  his plate anyways"

Harry turns to glare at Gemma, "he doesn't mind, do you ?" Harry asks Louis.

"Nope, you know I don't.  But I think what Gemma meant, is that since you'll eat my food anyways. Order something different, then we get to eat two different meals" Louis says, rubbing a hand on Harry's back.

"Oh, well... we'll just do that from now on then" Harry says with finality.  Picking up the menu. 

"So Gems, you excited for America?" Louis asks, smiling at Gemma whose sat across from him.

"Yeah, I'm kind of scared too...like I've never even been to another country. Let alone a different continent" she chuckles, nervously playing with the cutlery.

"I'm sure you're going to take America by storm, they won't know what hit em"

"Oh yeah? Then maybe you should join me." She teases.

Harry's head snaps up at that, "no!, no he shouldn't" he says, subconsciously grabbing Louis's hand.

Louis links their fingers,  "She's joking Harry"

Harry huffs, looking back down at the Menu ignoring the casual conversation that picks up around the table, after his outburst.

The waiter comes to take their order, and Harry does indeed order a different meal from Louis's.

"Can't believe we've been doing these dinners for five years now" Jay comments.

"It's a family tradition now" Anne says.

"We didn't have much of a choice in the matter did we?" Mark teases, hitting Louis on the shoulder gently.

"Nope Harry here would've had our heads" Louis says, continuing the casual banter.

When the waiter comes back, and gives them their food.

Harry reaches a hand over and digs into Louis's fries without even looking at his plate.

"Harry, eat your own food" Anne says, sternly.

"What?!, but Louis said we can share" he whines.

"He didn't mean you should totally ignore your food, and eat his" she insists.

"It's fine, really I don't mind" Louis says, reaching to Harry's plate to pick up a hot wing.

And that's how they eat the rest of the meal.

***

Their plates had been collected and they're waiting to pay.

"Mom can Louis sleep over?" Harry asks Anne.

"Uuum sure hun" Anne replies dismissively.

Louis and Harry, have been doing sleep overs since they were little.  But they've intensified as of late, everyone knows it's because Louis is leaving for university in two months.  But they don't really bring it up, cause Harry gets upset.

"Then Gemma can sleep over?" Lottie asks.

Gemma smiles down at her, "yes she can" Jay says.

"Well I feel left out now, Robin...how about a sleep over?" Mark teases.

Robin laughs at that, "I've got plenty company" he says smiling softly at Anne. Who turns red as a tomato.

Jay turns to stare at Mark.

"Honey, it's a joke. I was just teasing.  You know I have plenty company with you as well" he says, wiggly his eyebrows.

"You can't just copy him, say something original" Jay says, rolling her eyes.

"Ok then... Roses are red, violets are blue... would you like to be my wife?"

Jay throws her hands over her mouth in shock, "you're serious?!! I swear to God Mark you better not be teasing!"

"I'm not" Mark says pulling the ring out of his pocket. "I've been carrying this around with me for a few months now. I didn't know how to ask, but this feels like the perfect moment. With our whole family here" Mark says, going down on his knee.

The waiter who had their cheque, stops in her tracks.

"Jay, will you do me the greatest honor of my life. And agree to be my wife?" Mark asks, softly.

"Yes, ofcourse yes" Jay says, smiling through her tears of shock and happiness.

Applause is heard around the restaurant, Anne and Robin offer their congratulations.  The kids hug them, waiter comes back with a complementary dessert to congratulate them as well..

"Do you think you'll get married someday?" Harry whispers into Louis's ear.

"Yeah, atleast I hope so"

"Mmmh, you think your wife will like me? Cause you can't marry someone who hates me" Harry says more confidently, resulting in the whole table hearing him.

Louis's eyes flicker to his mother, who smiles encouragingly at him.

Louis shakes his head at her.

"You think she won't like me?" Harry squeaks.

"What? No no... the person I'm going to marry, is going to love you" Louis promises.

Harry grins, "that's good. Cause well, I'll ruin the wedding if they don't" He says with a careless shrug.

Everyone chuckles at that, harry frowns cause they don't seem to realize he's being serious.

"do you think the person you're going to marry will like Louis?" Anne asks.

"I don't know" Harry replies thoughtfully, "I haven't really thought about getting married to anyone" he continues.

"You could marry Louis" lottie says, loudly.

Harry's eyes almost drop out of his eye sockets. "I...I couldn't...what... lottie, Louis's isn't gay!" Harry exclaims.

Louis shifts uncomfortably in his chair.

"Ok lottie and harry...you guys are still kids,  you don't need to worry yourselves about getting married yet" Jay says, putting an end to the conversation.

"Should we go?" Mark asks, grabbing the hand of fiancee.

Everyone gets up as well.

Harry turns to  takes Louis's hand, "you riding in our car right?"

Louis blinks, staring down at Harry...then he shakes himself out of his thoughts. "Ofcourse I am"