Fifteen

Jeremy

The sunrise caught my eye as I finished up with the morning chores, the pinks and yellows looking so elegant in the sky. I came out earlier than I usually do in the morning, but I barely slept last night. Wyatt and I stayed out on the pier for a long time last night, just enjoying each other's company. I enjoyed being around him so much I didn't want to ever go back inside. But once we finally did he kissed me in the doorway and made my heart skip a beat. I hadn't seen Porter at all last night and didn't want to barge into his room and bother him and Levi. I couldn't wait to tell him all about what happened.

Since it was still early and I was still too keyed up to fall back asleep, I decided to make breakfast. I lost myself in cooking basically everything we had until I heard footsteps coming down the steps. Right as I turned around Levi walked into the kitchen, giving me a small smile.

"Hi Jeremy."

"Hey," I said while turning back to the blueberry pancakes I was working on. When I didn't hear Levi move or walk around I turned around to see him standing by the table, biting his bottom lip. "Is everything okay?"

He nodded before saying, "I just wanted to talk to you about something."

"Go for it."

After a few moments he said, "I want you to know that I love Porter." A faint smile touched his lips; I don't think I've seen him look this happy since he's been here. "I just want you to know that I'm not just using him for a quick fuck or whatever. He's really important to me and I wouldn't do anything to screw this up. I don't want you to think that I'm going to be like this douchebag of an ex, I'd never cheat on him. And I'm not going back to New York, there's nothing for me there. But everything for me is here." He gave a soft laugh before gently wiping his eyes. "Sorry for word vomiting like that. I swear I'm not usually this bad, but I've gotten so soft since I've been here I swear."

"No it's okay," I said while moving the pancakes to a plate. "Thank you for telling me all of that. You know, Porter is usually the protective one out of the two of us. Well, the more protective one. But I've gotten really protective of him since he got his heart broken. I saw the way he acted with his ex and let me tell you, it's completely different than the way he acts with you. I've never seen him this happy and content and that's all because of you. I'm really happy you two found each other, your faces just light up around each other."

He smiled brightly before saying, "Thank you Jeremy. He's the first person to... actually love me just for being myself. All I have to say is your dad did a really great job raising you two."

That made me feel super emotional as I turned the stove top off. "Thank you," I whispered before laughing while wiping my eyes. "That's the nicest thing you could tell me. My dad would've loved you Levi, you two would've gotten along so well. He taught Porter and I how to be respectable men from a young age. And it sucks that he was taken too early."

Levi frowned before saying, "It's always the good ones that leave too early. I'm still sorry Jeremy. I've never had any feelings towards my Mom, especially not love, so I've never been able to connect to people who had or have good relationships with their parents. But the way you and Porter talk about your Dad is truly something else; I can tell how great of a man he was. It just makes me realize that not everyone in this world is shit, there's good ones."

My mind instantly wandered to Wyatt, his dimpled face smiling at me after a kiss. "There are," I said with a nod. "Speaking of good ones, I uhm... well I'm really into your cousin."

His eyes lit up as he smiled. "Ugh finally! He's been crushing on you since we first got here."

My cheeks got hot as I asked, "Wait, really?"