Eight

Levi

"You sure you guys have everything?" I asked while looking between Wyatt and Jeremy. Jeremy had been nervously fidgeting since he woke up, Porter doing his best to calm him down. I wasn't quite sure why Jeremy seemed to be so riled up, but luckily Porter got him an iced coffee which seemed to help.

Even though they were only going to be gone for a weekend, I was still sad. I really hadn't been away from Wyatt... well ever. I was nervous about being alone here on the farm with Porter for the weekend.

"I'm pretty sure," Jeremy said while looking another look around at his bags.

"If we forgot anything we can always swing by a store once we get there," Wyatt said with a smile.

That seemed to calm Jeremy down as he nodded before digging around in a bag. The way that Wyatt was watching him made me advert my eyes from their moment and looked over at Porter. He was leaning against the porch watching them before his eyes glanced over at me. My breath hitched before quickly turning away as Jeremy walked over towards his brother. I could see them hugging as Wyatt smiled down at me and also hugged me.

"Call me if you need anything," his deep voice said in my ear as he squeezed my body.

"You're going to be across the country."

He laughed before saying, "Doesn't mean I won't always be here for you. It'll just be for the weekend too, we'll be back before you know it."

"I know," I said while pulling back and smiling up at him. "Behave yourself with Jeremy."

Those dark eyebrows of his rose as he chuckled. "You behave yourself with Porter."

I rolled my eyes as the twins walked over. I was surprised when Jeremy gave me a quick hug before waving between Porter and I. "See you guys later!"

With that they got into Jeremy's truck, pop music playing as they pulled away. "Bye," I said while watching the truck drive down the driveway before disappearing from sight.

"So uh Levi," Porter's deep voice suddenly said from besides me. After turning towards him I watched him take a few shaky breaths. "Uhm. You still feeling better?"

"Yeah," I said with a slight nod.

Ever since he called me darlin' I've been trying to stay away from him. I couldn't run the risk of getting close to him, when he doesn't know the real me. So this weekend was really going to suck, considering it was just going to be us here. Fuck my life. Being around him and only him was not going to help me get over him any easier. Having a stupid crush on him was just that, stupid. Luckily I wasn't sick anymore so I could actually leave and maybe even find someone this weekend.

"That's good," he said while scratching the back of his neck.

Before things could get any more awkward I gave him another nod before walking back inside and upstairs. Without Wyatt the house seemed so quiet already, I hadn't remembered us being apart since we were little. I also realize I was being dramatic because Wyatt and Jeremy were literally only going to be gone for the weekend. But he was basically a part of me, and I wish I was a strong enough person to stay on my own.

With a sigh I fell onto the bed, staring at the ceiling with a frown. After hearing barking from outside, I slowly sat up and moved over to the window. Porter was outside loping around on a horse, looking like he should be on the cover of a magazine.

Also since my attention span was the size of a gnat, I was already bored. And also a little hungry. I should probably not try to cook and burn the house down. With nerves in my stomach I wandered down the stairs and outside, over to where Porter was sitting on top of his horse. When he saw me he smiled, my heart doing a flip flop which only made me frown. Not only was he a fucking attractive person on the outside, but he was also fucking attractive on the inside. And it hurt my heart that I could never end up with him. Because I was so convinced once he found out everything about me, he'd want nothing to do with me.