Chapter 7

+Sophie+

A sweet smell lingered on Ash the first time I met him. It was barely there but I recognized the smell of my mate. I haven't met them yet but excitement filled my heart while butterflies flew around in my stomach. Roxie was her name and I couldn't wait to meet her.

Ash gave me the address and her name. After talking with him I was out of my office in seconds but not before blowing a kiss at Alpha Taylor and Luna Ash. Well Ash hasn't officially been introduced as the Luna but he will soon. Ash was sweet, quiet but sweet and kind.

"Hey Sophie! Where are you going?" Emma asks coming up to me and looking up into my eyes. Emma was mature for her age, her mother was the Gamma and her father was the head warrior in the pack. She was kind and smart it was pretty amazing.

"I'm going to go find my mate, she is nearby and I wish to meet her." I tell her patting her head as she lets go. She smiles at me then runs off to Lawrence. I swear Lawrence was her mate but they were both too young to know that. Quickly I got into my car and started the engine eager to get to my mate.

It took approximately 30 minutes to get into town and with the help of the address that Ash gave me I arrived there quickly. Slowly I exited the car and looked up at the top window where there sat a human female on the window sill. The wind blew in her hair as she dazedly looked out to the forest. Her brown eyes shone a golden in the sun but looked sad and almost lonely. As I looked at her more closely it appeared that she had been crying. My wolf whined in sadness at the sigh. Her scent was the same that lingered on Ash.

She seemed to have spotted me as she caught my eye looking at her. She truly was beautiful. A smile pulled at her lips but it wasn't a genuine smile but forced. It brought a pang of pain to my heart.

"Hello, who may you be?" She got off the window sill and climbed onto the roof. She jumped off the roof in ease as if she'd done it a million times. Knowing that she is indeed a teenager she probably snuck out a lot.

"Hello, my name is Sophie. I am a friend of Ash and he has informed me about you." Her eyes widened and worry etched onto her face tears brimming at her eyes threatening to fall however were pulled back. She's strong willed.

"Ash. Is he alright? I've been worried sick? Why isn't he at school? Why hasn't he answered my phone calls and messages? Why did he send something like that? Does he not like me? Did he die?" She asked all at once the last one caused her eyes to widen like saucers.

Gently I place a hand on her shoulder in a sort of comfort loving the sparks that flew throughout my hand and arm. She must have felt them as you could see the frown form on her face in confusion.

"It's okay. Ash is in top condition. He is currently staying with one of my friends and is very happy. His phone was broken after he ran away. I do not know what message he sent but he does miss you greatly."

Half was a lie about the friend thing but I couldn't exactly say, 'He ran away and stumbled upon our pack and the Alpha of the pack is his mate which makes him the Luna. He's attempted to cut himself twice and I'm your mate.'

She lets out a breath of relief before looking back up at me.

"Can I see him?" She suddenly asks looking at me straight in the eye.

"I am sorry but he is busy with some things." She didn't seem to believe it but she gave up. Surprised she would give up that easy shocked me. She must be planning something in her mind. I'll have to make sure she doesn't crawl into my car or underneath. That would scare the living daylights out of me.

"Okay..." She looked at the ground her hair falling covering her eyes. It saddened me and my wolf to see her like this.

"Okay, I'll let you see Ash but could you possibly wait a little longer before you meet him?" I ask she looked up with anticipation before a beautiful smile pulled at her lips.