(S2) Powerup

At the Knee, there was an old mine—a mine that was swarming with Coven scouts and Abomaton soldiers. Everyone had been instructed to dig, and yet, nobody was seeming to make any progress.

"Dig faster, scouts!" Kikimora barked, stamping her foot.

The captain looked over at her. "Kikimora, these tunnels are unstable. Maybe we should slow—"

"Ugh, not now, Captain," she snapped. "This may be my last chance to show Belos what I can do, and I just know that brat Golden Guard will try and spoil it for me!" She moved the Abomaton she was standing on forward. "Hey! Steve! Jump over that chasm before I throw you into it!"

The captain let out a deep, deep sigh. "She's getting so paranoid."

Unbeknownst to any of them, the "brat Golden Guard" in question was hiding behind a tree a few feet away, dressed in a standard scout's uniform. She nervously lifted up her mask and stuffed her braid further into her hood, then let out a little yelp.

"Why do you keep following me?" Luz hissed at Little Miss, who was perched on a tree root next to her.

Little Miss chirped in response.

"Sorry, sweets, I can't speak Palisman." She leaned in, figuring that now that she had a blue jay sidekick, she might as well go with it. "Okay, here's the plan. I slip in with this disguise, I find the Titan's Blood before Kiki, I give it to Bels, and ta-da!" She waved her hands, a cheery smile on her face. "I'm useful again!"

BOOM!

Luz instantly ducked as a shot from an Abomaton arm cannon exploded the tree she was hiding under.

"Ma'am!" The captain rushed over to Kikimora. "Is everything all right?"

She squinted. "I just thought I heard an annoying voice."

Deciding not to reel over that comment, Luz sped away as quickly and as quietly as she could. "Ooooooookay, we'll find another way in," she panted.

Little Miss let out a tweet and landed on a nearby tree, pointing down with a wing. Luz skidded to a stop and followed her gaze.

"The Owl Lady and her puppy?" she murmured, looking down at the three travelers making their way down the path. "And is that..." Her eyes widened. "Amity's brother?"

"This place is crawling with tools!" the puppy complained, throwing his little arms into the air. "What gives?"

"Titan Blood is the most powerful source of magic in the Isles," the Owl Lady reminded him. "I'm not surprised Belos wants it, too."

"Well, we can't give up now!" Edric said, looking over his shoulder. "Hunter's counting on me!" He paused, a small blush coming to his cheeks. "I mean. Us. Hunter's counting on us."

Luz's spirits started to sink. They're dating. Of course. Of course the human I have to fight all the time would end up with the brother of my girlfriend. Of course he'd make everything so much harder for me.

Wait.

"They're after the blood, too, huh?" she said under her breath, a smirk coming to her face. "Okay, okay, new plan. They can lead us to ACK!"

Little Miss yanked on her bangs, sending her tumbling off the tree and sprawling in front of the others. Thankfully, her mask fell over her face, but her cover was still blown to bits.

"COVEN SCOUT!" Edric shouted, going into a fighting stance with his bat staff.

"Uh—yep!" Luz stammered, holding up her hands. "Just a normal scout here! And I surrender!"