Chapter 12: Stabilized

"... for systems belonging to the singular part of the stability boundary a small change of the parameters is more likely to send the system into the unstable region than into the stable region. This is a manifestation of a general principle stating that all good things (e.g. stability) are more fragile than bad things. It seems that in good situations a number of requirements must hold simultaneously, while to call a situation bad even one failure suffices."
― Vladimir I. Arnold

Captain Carias and I made it to the Analytical Department during an attack by the rioters. Carias fired off several rounds, each one striking a rioter in the back, tearing through the rioters at high speed. As soon as we made it into Analytical I went to find Jameson. I found him at a status panel, checking the ship integrity.

"Jameson?" I asked, walking up behind him.

"Jax, thank God your here, check this out. The ship is forming stress lines, if we don't repair that stabilizer the Sariel will not survive this rebellion" Jameson said, showing me the status of the ship.

"I.....I think I have an idea......get me my tools and I need twelve feet of spare wiring cable...." I said as I thought of a wild plan.

"You got it.....might I ask what exactly you're planning to do?" Jameson asked.

"I want to try hooking up all the secondary stabilizers to the damaged main one, from there I can redirect power and get it running until I can replace the stabilizer, I'll need two guards though..." I explained fast as I could.

"You got it, Pvt. Locke, Sgt. Eldis you're with Jax, protect him at all costs" Jameson assigned a two guards to me. Grabbing my gear from the storage room we took off to the stabilizer room, what little resistance we did face was dealt with by Locke and Eldis. I set to work as soon as I got to the stabilizers (A/N: I was going to put in the techy stuff but I decided to not bore you to death instead) I was finished within minutes, the power was being regulated through all the systems and the temporary patch was made.

"Jameson? I've fixed it best I could, ships stable, next we need to take the fight to them." I called Jameson via commlinks.

"Good, and yes, let's hit em where it hurts......the camp, we take the camp we win the fight......get back here now, we need to do some planning" Jameson responded. Eldis, Locke and I started back down the corridor, I heard a gun fire followed by a thuck noise, I had spun around and saw Eldis hit the ground, a bloody hole in the middle of his chest. Locke jumped behind a crate and pulled me with him.

"Jax, I need you to grab Eldis's rifle and help me take that guy down, he's using a high power carbine rifle, I can't get close without suppressing fire." Locke said motioning towards Eldis's dead body. I peeked out of cover and dashed to the gun, I slide and grabbed the gun from the ground. I heard the crack of gunfire and the sound of the carbine's round ping off of the metal floor behind me.

"Aight sir, I need you to fire down the hall, three shots then duck, then wait for five seconds and fire three more! Got it?"

"Ok....ok I can do that..." I replied, holding the gun.

"Ok, on my go.....ready?"

"Yea....I'm ready..."

"GO!!" Locke yelled. I popped my head out and fired three rounds down the hall, Locke dashed out of cover and moved forwards down the hall. I didn't pay attention to the time until I heard a grunt sound and the thump of a body hit the floor, for a second I thought I shot Locke until he yelled that it was all clear. It took us mere minutes to get back to Analytical, "The ships stable...that's what matters, now....now we take the fight to them....now we avenge Chief, and we honor Las" I thought as we met up with Jameson.

"Good news, the ships stabilized, bad news, there's an emergency in the medbay.....and it's a big one" Jameson said, turning to face me. "Oh no.....Las"

A/N: Read, rate, review. Thanks for reading this far, feel free to ask any questions! Thx brátans!