Prologue: Into the Stars

Thousands of years ago, in 2963 mankind made it's very first contact with Extra Terrestrial life forms. German research scientists picked up a transmission from outside our atmosphere. After hours of decoding they found the message to be coordinates, coordinates with a S.O.S message attached. Atleast that's what we assumed it was. Within hours of decoding the message the scientists launched three combat ready ships and two research vessels into space, the mission was to go to these coordinates and find the E.T.s, once contact was made there was little doubt this was to be our greatest discovery in history.

The aliens that the scientists had found were amassed around Saturn, thousands of colony ships with a single war vessel. Despite everyone's doubt mankind was able to communicate with these aliens via a special device the aliens used. Our scientists, unable to pronounce the name of the aliens, renamed the species as der Ausländer, meaning "The Aliens".

As time went on, a colony was made on Mars for the Ausländer people, and we shared technology, the Ausländer disagreed with war and would not allow us to use their technology in weapons. As a result mankind over the course of several hundred years destroyed war altogether. Earth and the Ausländer colony were now at full peace, as technology advanced over the years so did our relations with the Ausländer. This peace lasted until 3674 when a ghost of the Ausländer past came back to haunt them, mankind learned why the Ausländer had left their home-world. The Ausländer were forced from their planet by an invading force of alien life, their world was destroyed and in an effort to save their people the colony ships were sent away. The first discovery of this new threat was from the Russians who named them опустошителей or "The Devastators".

Humankind and the Ausländer colony fought back to buy some time for their ships to escape, 1000 colony ships were launched from Earth, and 3000 from Mars. Of those on Earth 744 made it off the ground, 423 made it off the planet and into space, 142 more were lost in an escape from the space around Earth. 281 human colony ships escaped that day, over they years following only 27 of the ships remained, the Ausländer ships only had 53. Of those 1 ship kept both the Ausländer and human fleets alive via its production of power, this was "Eden 324" the last of the Eden class ships in existence. Guarding this ship is 7 human colony ships, the only 7 armed ships, I'm aboard one of these seven. My name is Jax Carlisle, the year is 4053, I am a Security Engineer aboard Ark 7, The Sariel.