Chapter 10: Captured

"Well well well looks like what we got." Mr. Wellington said as he spun a tire iron in his hand, "Much more easier when the prey comes to us then us going to the prey." He laughs as he looked over to the cornered Dylan, "Aww what's the matter don't you wanna join your brothers and sisters?" He said trapping Dylan in the corner, Butch finally came over and picked up Dylan who didn't even put up a fight while Mr.Wellington picked up Charlie, "You three will have a nice home here before he leave for the border." He said as he and Butch threw the trio into their own cage locking it up tight. As Mr.Wellington and Butch walked away Dylan crawled over to Charlie.

"Charlie? Charlie are you alright?" Dyaln asked shaking him getting a painful groan out of him.

"My head..." Charlie groaned as he tried to shake off the pain, "Wha... what happened?" He asked.

"Looks like we got captured." Dylan said as Charlie sat up.

"I can see that." He said rubbing the top of his head. He then noticed Dolly looking away from them and he heard sniffing, "Dolly? You uh you okay?" He asked to which Dolly just ignored him, "Dolly..."

"Leave me alone Charlie." She mumbled.

"What's that I didn't quite catch that."

"I said leave me alone!" Dolly yelled turning around with tears streaming down her face, Charlie and Dylan jumped back from her as she continued to cry.

"Woah okay now."

"You don't understand alright, you led us down this dumb adventure and all I wanted to do was get back with my family, then we find them captured and I tried to save them... now look where it got us."

"I know and I should apologize." Charlie said getting Dollys attention, "I... I just wanted to show you the wonders of the United States and... well I got carried away." Silence grew over everyone, "I just... I just wanna say I'm sorry." He apologized to which Dolly turned to face him.

"It's... it's okay but I'm sorry for yelling at you." Dolly apologized to which Charlie smiled getting her into a hug.

"Hey we all make mistakes as long as we're together nothing will stop us." Charlie said getting everyone to smile.

"Couldn't agree me Charlie." Doug complimented as did Delilah who nodded her head.

"Now we gotta get out of here."

"But how, Dawkins has tried everything that was in our reach." Da-Vinci stated to which Charlie pondered.

"Well there's gotta be some way..." He looked and noticed the cage door had a hinge on it, "Ah ha!"

"You have an idea?" Dolly asked.

"I have one but let's see if this works." Charlie said as he backed up and crouched down ready to strike, luckily the cage was just big enough for him to do a front roll kicking the hinge which opened the cage door causing him to roll out and onto the floor.

"Woah."
"That was awsome!"
"Where you learn to do that!?" Some of the pups cheered in amazement.

"A trick I learned from Patch." Charlie explained as he looked around. Once he noticed the close was clear he quietly went over and opened the rest of the cages, "Alright everyone folow me, stay quiet, and stay together." He said as everyone got out of the cages and followed Charlie. While leading he stopped to see that Mr. Wellington and Butch were inside an office where Mr. Wellington was busy using the phone, "Great their in another room." He said as looked back to the Dalmatian family.

"So what are we gonna do?"
"Yeah what are we gonna do?!" Dizzy and DeeDee asked, but before Charlie could answer the door from the office opened.

"Well Butch, am I a business man or what?" Mr. Wellington asked with a chuckle.