Chapter 9: Searching For the Family

The journey from Texas to California was mostly a quiet one, Charlie and Dolly haven't spoken a word to one another to which concerned Dylan but he didn't want to intervened knowing that it will all wash under the bridge soon. Finally after what felt like days of traveling they reached California.

"There it is guys... California." Charlie announced as they rode passed the state sign.

"Finally, I can't wait to see mom and dad again." Dylan said wagging his tail with excitement.

"Well I hope we don't run into Mr.Wellington again, especially now since we're so close." Charlie stated as they looked at all the palm trees.

"I'm sure we're in the clear besides remember we gave him and Butch the boot back at the Nasa spacestation in Houston."

"Yeah I remember but just to be clear..." Before Charlie could finish the vehicle that they hitched a ride on started to slow down, "I guess this is our stop." Charlie said as he hopped down from the vehicle.

"So where do you think our families at?" Dylan asked to which Charlie shrugged.

"I have no idea Hollywood is a pretty big place, along with the Boulevard and Beverly Hills."

"So let's split up, maybe it will be easier for us." Dolly suggested.

"You sure that's a good idea cause..." Before Charlie could finished Dolly was already walking away, "Or just ignore me okay then."

"Maybe Dolly has the right idea why not we split up we'll find them faster."

"A-alright then, I mean not much of a choice now huh." He gestured over to the already walking away Dolly to which Dylan sadly nodded.

(Cue Montage)
With Charlie
While wondering the streets he looked around as much as he could through the busy bustling streets.

"Okay if I was an annual dog show where would I be host at?" He asked as he sniffed the ground.

"Extra Extra read all about it, dog show been postponed due to feat of weather read all about it!"

"Oh what are the odds!" Charlie said as he snuck over and placed his paws onto the stand to get a better look at the newspaper.

Annual Dog Show Postponed Due to Weather Conditions

Before he could read anymore the newspaper standee caught him.

"'Ey get outta 'ere!" The standee yelled getting Charlie to get down and walk off, "Go on scat!" He yelled this time throwing a can at him getting him to run.

"Geez how rude." Charlie said as he ran off to a safe distance, "That paper said that the dog show was postponed, but it didn't say when, wish I could've read more of it." He said as he walked around, "Wonder how Dylan and Dolly are holding up."

Meanwhile With Dylan
Dylan was walking around looking at all of the scenery when he stumbled upon the famous Hollywood Walk of Fame. Along the sidewalk he could see latge stars with names of famous actors stretching as long as the sidewalk can go.

"Huh... so that's why they call it the Walk of Fame." He said as he suddenly saw a familiar limo appear around the corner, "Oh no, no no no!" He said as he looked around trying to find a hiding to which he jumped behind a sign that was funny enough advertising dog food. The limo finally drove passed letting Dylan sigh in relief, "Way to close, I better warn Charlie and Dolly."

Meanwhile With Dolly
Dolly was walking around looking at all of the billboards when she noticed one that caught her attention.