{5} The Keg

Bethany stood, leaning against a row of lockers in the hallway of her school, waiting for Hyde to get his stuff out of his locker.

"Man, this day sucks. And now we have to do a stupid maths exam? I hate this school." Bethany said, rolling her eyes.

"Wait, what? We have a maths exam? Since when?" Hyde asked, knowing nothing about the exam. Bethany laughed slightly and nodded her head at the curly haired boy in response "You know what we should do?"

"What?"

"Skip. We could go nap in the Cruiser." Hyde suggested.

"You don't have to ask me twice." Bethany smiled, suddenly feeling better about the day before the pair headed out into the car park to find the Vista Cruiser.

Bethany was woken from her peaceful nap by her twin's voice. She removed Hyde's arm from her waist as he slept, sitting up to see what was going on.

"Yeah, danger is my middle name." Eric said from the front seat.

"No. Your middle name is Mildred." Bethany said, rubbing her eyes to wake herself up.

"Why are we moving?" Hyde said, waking up, looking around the car.

"Mommy." Kelso appeared, sitting up next to them, still half asleep.

"What are you guys doing in here?" Eric asked the three of them, shocked that they were in the back of the car.

"What are you guys doing in here?" Kelso replied.

Eric looked at his friends and his sister in the rear view mirror with a smug look on his face "I cut class."

"What, was there like a fire drill or something?" Hyde joked.

"No, look, I do bad things. Look, I've ditched class before." Eric tried to defend himself against his friend.

"No you don't, Eric. You almost cried when Dad found out you were five minutes late for class that one time." Bethany rolled her eyes at her twin.

"Aw, is Opie getting angry?" Kelso teased.

"What did I tell you about calling me Opie?" Eric replied, annoyed by his friends.

"Opie, look out for that keg in the middle of the road!" Donna suddenly shouted at Eric as the car skidded to a halt. Everyone looked out the car windows at the keg that had seemingly magically appeared in the road.

"It is a keg." Eric looked out of the window in amazement.

"Of beer." Kelso said.

"It must be a sign." Hyde added, wide eyed.

"Of beer."

"Oh my god. It's beautiful." Bethany finally said, wiping a fake tear away from the corner of her eye.

"That's it, I'm cutting class every day!"

The 5 teenagers had managed to get the keg in the Vista Cruiser and Hyde and Kelso were now sneaking it into the basement while Bethany was on lookout for her parents.

"How did you find it?" Fez asked.

"We were driving down the road, man, and there she was." Hyde explained to his friend.

"It was a beer in the headlights. That is my first American joke." Fez said, Bethany was the only one who laughed in response, their friends just looking at the foreign boy with blank expressions.

"How often do you find a mysterious keg of free beer?" Eric asked, rhetorically.

Kelso smiled widely "Only once in a while."