{3} Streaking

The whole gang sat in the basement as usual while Eric had gone to get Jackie a soda. Donna, Jackie and Bethany were sat on the sofa watching the rest of the guys do some stupid arm trick in the doorway.

"Push. Push. Come on, you gotta push it." Kelso coached Hyde and Fez.

Hyde pushed harder against the doorframe "How much longer?"

Kelso checked his timer "10 seconds. You gotta push harder or it's not gonna work."

"You guys look like complete idiots right now. I hope you know that." Bethany told the guys, turning in her seat to watch them.

"Bethany's right man. This is so stupid." Hyde added.

"It's not stupid. You're gonna love it." Kelso contested.

Hyde rolled his eyes "I'm not, not gonna love it."

"Okay, that's time. Step away from the door." Kelso said as the guys stepped away from the doorframe, their arms immediately floating up in the air as they all laughed.

"Kelso, you're a genius." Fez told his friend.

"Yeah, well, it's magic." Kelso replied as Eric came racing down the stairs with a can of soda for Jackie.

Jackie sighed with relief "Oh my God, finally. I am so dehydrated."

"Oh, here. Piggly-Wiggly Diet Creme Soda." Eric said, handing Jackie the can.

"I told you, my top three choices were Tab, Fresca or Diet Rite." Jackie replied.

"Again, you get Piggly-Wiggly Diet Creme Soda." Eric said, annoyed, sitting down on the chair.

Jackie rolled her eyes "Then I'll just have water."

"Jackie, just shut your mouth for once and drink the damn soda." Bethany snapped at the younger girl causing everyone to look at her in shock. She was usually quite tolerant of her comments but Jackie's insensitivity to their family's money problems really annoyed her.

"You know, there's a hose in the backyard." Donna told the younger girl.

Kelso and the guys came to sit in front of the TV "I've noticed that the pop selection has really went downhill since your dad got laid off."

"He's not laid off, he's just part-time. And shut up." Eric contested.

Bethany was just about to bite back at her idiotic friend when her mother came rushing down the stairs "Kids, kids, kids, kids, kids, kids, kids... The President is coming."

"What President?" Eric asked his mother.

"The President of these United States, Gerald R. Ford, the 36th... eight... 40th... I don't know, he's the President."

Bethany rolled her eyes at the thought of some idiot with way to much money and power visiting their town "Mom, why would Ford come to Point Place?"

"Because we are a whistle stop along his Wisconsin campaign trail. My dad organized it." Jackie piped up.

"Dear, the next time you know a president is coming to town, please give me a little more notice. I need to vacuum. Eric, you tidy up this basement. Bethany, you need to help me bake. A pie! I gotta make a pie!" Kitty ranted before tuning back up the stairs to the kitchen.

"Wow. The President's coming." Eric said.

"You know what we should do?... That door thing again." Kelso said, the guys all agreeing with him as they ran back to the doorway.

~~~

The whole Forman family sat down to eat in their usual seats while Kitty put their dinner out "So how's the car?" Red asked the twins.