Breaking News

Carter's POV

I woke up around 8am and went to the kitchen. The past couple of days had been awesome. We were safe, and I could sleep in; sleeping in until 8am was an improvement from 3am. We had plenty of resources and everyone seemed happy. We were all especially happy because there was clothes of every size so we could change out of our old clothes and into new ones.

Damian and I had somewhat made it official. We were still in the middle of a war and I didn't have time for dating and such, but while in this safe haven we had some free time. Damian and I had spent most of our time together. The only time I spent away from him was when training the others

I saw Eva cooking breakfast. She loved cooking and made meals most of the time. Every now and then someone else would do it, but not very often.

"Hey Eva. How long have you been up?" I asked.

"Since about 7:45. Not too long..." Eva replied.

"What are you making?" I asked.

She stepped aside so I could see what she was cooking and said, "Eggs and Bacon."

"Yummy. The boys will like that," I told her, "I'm gonna go outside, if anyone asks."

Then I walked toward the front door. The sunrise was just ending. I saw someone sitting by the cliff. As I got closer I saw it was Ashton.

"Hey Ashton!" I said, "Why are you up so early?"

She turned and said, "Why are you up so early?"

"I like being up early to make sure everything is okay and everyone is here," I replied.

"I like watching the sunrise," she said.

She motioned for me to come sit by her and I hesitated before slowing walking over to the edge of the cliff. I was very careful not to look down. Then I sat by her.

"So, what's wrong? You have been acting really weird lately," I said.

"I haven't been acting weird lately..." Ashton said.

"Since when would you choose watching a sunrise over getting sleep?" I asked.

Ashton sighed and said, "I couldn't sleep...so I came out here. It's no big deal though..."

"Ashton, stop lying to me. If we are going to be a group, you can't keep secrets to yourself," I said.

She hesitated for a few seconds before saying, "Fine. I will tell you, but you have to promise not to tell anyone else. Deal?"

I nodded and said, "Deal."

She took a deep breath and said, "I use to live here with my parents and my grandpa, Jeremiah."

"So, Jeremiah is for sure your grandpa," I said.

She nodded, "Yeah. I have been having visions and flash backs of him ever since we got here. There is also something I need to tell you..."

"What?" I asked.

"I think Jeremiah and the Immortale King use to be friends," she said really quickly.

I looked at her shocked. She continued on and explained, "Jeremiah mentioned it in a vision I had."

"Are you certain?" I asked.

She nodded so I said, "You're right. It is probably safer to keep it between us. It could worry the others. From now on, though, don't keep secrets. That could risk all of our lives. I understand why you did though."

She nodded and was about to say something else when we heard a voice from behind us say, "Guys, I think you need to take a look at this."

I turned and saw Blaise. We both got and walked with him back to the house.