Jeremiah's Secrets

Carter's POV

We arrived in New Orleans late at night. On the trip down we had formed our plan. As we neared we started to review the plan.

"Okay, so we are going to go to that one street where we found Rowen. There will be lots of people there and we can get lost in the crowd. We are going to split up. Damian and me, Karl and Eva, Blaise and Ashton, and Avalon and Rowen," I said.

"Why do I have to be with him?" Avalon asked.

I looked at them both and said, "Because you two fight alot which means you need to learn to work together and I would rather have it be now instead of during the war."

"So Karl and Eva. You guys are the eyes of this operation. If you see anything suspicious or see any Immortales call me. My phone is on silent, so don't worry about giving away our position or anything. If I don't answer text me," I said.

I turned to Blaise and Ashton and said, "You two will back me and Damian up in the actual hand to hand combat if we need to fight anyone. Also when the time comes Ashton will come with me into the actual office while Damian and Blaise keep watch."

I took a breath then turned to Avalon and Rowen and said, "Avalon and Rowen you guys will work from afar. Rowen you keep your ears open and listen on conversations for anything suspicious and call or text me if you hear something. Avalon if a fight breaks out you need to confuse them using your power, okay?"

"Okay guys, now I did put some thought into my pairing. There is a reason it is opposite gender. To look less suspicious we all have to pretend to be couples. Try and be convincing," I said.

"Well, you two don't have to pretend," Avalon said. I could feel a blush creep on my cheeks, but I ignored it.

"Yuck. I have to pretend to be dating him," Ashton complained.

"What is so wrong with me?! I am the hottest guy in our group!" Blaise defended.

"Yeah, but you are a major wimp. I don't like wimps," Ashton said.

"Enough fighting," I said, "We are almost there."

We finally arrived and parked on a random street then walked onto a busy street and split up. Ashton and Blaise stayed close to us. Damian and I were holding hands and so were the others.

"Are you nervous?" Damian asked.

"Why do you ask?" I replied.

"Because you have my hand in a death grip," he replied.

I glanced down and loosened my grip, "Sorry... I guess I am a little stressed out."

"Don't worry. It will be alright. I'm here to protect you and so is the rest of the group.." Damian said.

I sighed and said, "I am more worried about protecting them actually. Being a leader is hard. Especially because I have to make all the life or death decisions."

Damian gave my hand a small squeeze and said, "Don't worry so much. You make a great leader and I am here to help you every step of the way."

I looked up at him and smiled. I probably would have stopped and kissed him right there except I noticed we were almost to where Jeremiah use to live.

We quietly sneaked away from the crowd and went into the ally way. We were no longer holding hands. We were both ready to fight.

Ashton and Blaise arrived a few seconds later.

"The others are keeping watch. So far it seems safe," Blaise said.

I nodded and said, "Okay. I'm going to open the door be ready for anything."