Prophecy

Carter's POV

Everyone gathered around Ashton and looked at the new necklace. We were all speechless for a moment.

Avalon was the first to speak up, "Is that a pentagram? Are we a cult or something now?"

Eva shook her head and said, "No that is a Wiccan symbol. A pentacle I believe. It is the opposite of a pentagram... I think. It isn't evil or anything though."

Everyone gave her a confused look. We were all wondering why she knew that.

She saw our looks and explained, "I had a Wiccan friend for awhile before Ava and me found out what we were and went into hiding..."

Damian cleared his throat and said, "Well.... this is definitely a turn of events."

I turned to Ashton and noticed her eyes were unfocused and she seemed to be in lala land. I snapped my finger in front of her eyes and said, "Um...Ashton, are you okay?"

Her eyes began glowing and she started chanting something. The way she said it, it sounded like a poem.

"Outnumbered and cornered,

You must fight to the death.

The war will not end,

until only one side stands.

Betrayed and confused,

problems will arise.

If you can't overcome them,

all will die.

You must stand,

and fight for each other.

At least one will die,

for the love of another.

If the seven can not stand together,

they will all die alone.

They must help each other,

to take the Immortales from the throne."

After she said the last line she fainted. Blaise caught her and laid her down gently. We were all taking in the words that were said. It seemed like a prophecy.

We probably would have stood there for a lot longer, but Ashton groaned and her eyes opened. They were back to normal now.

"W-what happened?" She asked.

"Well for starters, you started chanting a really creepy prophecy type thing while your eyes were glowing. Then you fainted," Blaise said.

She started to get up and he offered her a hand, which she ignored. She got up on her own and brushed herself off.

"Do you not remember any of that?" I asked.

She thought for a moment and then said, "The last thing I remember is catching the necklace."

We all suddenly remembered the necklace and looked at her hand. It was still clenched tightly in her hand. She loosened her grip on it and put it around her neck. In her hand was an imprint from the necklace.

"Well, you told us a creepy prophecy and then fainted," I said.

"What was the prophecy?" She asked.

"It went:

Outnumbered and cornered,

You must fight to the death.

The war will not end,

until only one side stands.

Betrayed and confused,