A Cry For Help

Gulf couldn't get Mew out of his head. He looked so miserable and it made Gulf angry. It shouldn't affect him in any way. They were living their own lives now and interfering would result in nothing better. He decided to continue with his work instead of thinking about Mew.

Off knew Mew was lying to him through his teeth. It was so obvious that he was going through something and even if he refused to tell anything, Off had ways of getting the information. Normally he would respect his best friend's privacy and let him deal with things on his own if he wanted but this time something was seriously wrong. Mew looked like a shadow of his past self. He had lost so much weight in past weeks and he hardly ever smiled. The forced smiled he gave Off wasn't fooling him anymore.

When he saw Mew in the morning with bruised face and wrist, he knew he couldn't sit still anymore though Mew kept insisting he fell. He was going to find out what the hell was going on and then help Mew in any way he could so he followed Mew after college. He was puzzled when he saw Mew walking behind Lewis and his friends. He knew who Lewis was but they had never interacted with his crowd before. He saw them entering a house and he wasn't sure what he should do. He couldn't go in obviously so he just waited outside.

After 2 hours, Mew came out limping while Lewis called him some names and pushed him out of the door. This was enough for Off to realize they were bullying Mew. He went to Mew who looked dumbfounded to see Off there.

"Why are you here?"

"I'm the one who should be asking you that."

"It's nothing."

"Like hell it's nothing. Why didn't you tell me?"

"There's nothing to tell. I was just hanging out with them. "

"Do I look stupid to you? What did they do to you?"

"Not-"

"Stop lying to my face. Why are you limping?"

"It's nothing, Off."

"Do you want to break our friendship?"

Mew's eyes widened at that, "No, never."

"Then please tell me."

"Lewis stood on my foot so it's hurting."

"What's going on with these jerks?"

So Mew told him everything and that only made Off angrier, "Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I didn't want to drag you into this mess."

Off shouted, "What the hell? I'm your best friend. You are allowed to drag me into any mess if it involves you."

"Off, I'm okay. Don't worry about me."

"You aren't okay so stop pretending. I can see right through you. Did you tell Kit and Sarawat?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"They would start bullying Sarawat too if I dragged him into this. I don't want that. Kit could get in trouble too because of them."

"But you can't just let them abuse you like this."

"It's just a year. We'll be out of here after that."

"That's a really long time, Mew."

"I'll handle it so don't go to them picking up a fight."

"Why not ask Gulf for help? No matter how rich they are, they're nothing in front of Gulf."

"No. It's not like we are friends or anything. I can't ask him for help."

"But-"

"No, we are practically strangers. I can't burden him with my problems."