Lie Like That

"Get up. We need to leave."

Mew was still half asleep and suffering from the worst hangover right now that he completely ignored whatever Gulf was saying. He rolled over and tried to sleep again but Gulf wasn't pleased with that. He snatched away the blanket but quickly regretted doing that when he realized Mew wasn't dressed yet.

"Mew, get up. I have work to do."

"Then go."

"I'm not leaving without you. Who knows what or who you'll end up doing."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Mew quickly sat up.

"Nothing. I'll be leaving in 10 minutes." Gulf stormed out of the room.

Mew quickly showered and wore last night's clothes and ran out to the car. He didn't want to be left behind. He neither had money to go back home nor did he know where he was. The car ride was silent and ominous. His head was throbbing like hell and he felt nauseous, it was mostly because of what they had done last night. Mew still couldn't wrap his mind around what they both had indulged into. It was scaring the hell out of him. It was never supposed to go to this extent and it was mostly his fault.

He shouldn't have gotten wasted like that. He contemplating what he actually felt for Gulf. Was it infatuation or affection or just lust? He wasn't clear on that and to be honest he didn't want to think about it anymore. He was supposed to end this contract last night instead he ended up making it more complicated.

He stole a glance at Gulf and was pisses off to see him aloof like always. Didn't it make him uncomfortable? Wasn't he affected by what had happened between them? Did it mean nothing to him? Mew tried to curb his wayward thoughts until he had coffee and could think clearly. Gulf dropped him near his house and left. He didn't say anything to Mew making him huff in annoyance. Mew entered the house and was greeted with a stern looking Kit and worried Sarawat. He gulped nervously as he realized he hadn't told them about staying the night and hadn't taken any calls since he was out of it.

"What's wrong with you, Mew?" Kit exclaimed.

"What do you mean?" Mew had a pounding headache and he wasn't ready to deal with his brothers yet.

"You didn't come home last night."

"So? It's not big of deal. I'm not a kid anymore."

"But at least you should have informed us."

"Kit, I was just out with my friends. Nothing to worry about."

"You weren't with Off."

"You actually asked him? I have friends other than him."

"I need to know about these friends of yours."

"Why? Kit, lay off."

"Where did you stay?"

"At my friend's house."

"Why didn't you pick up our calls? Do you've any idea how worried we were?"

"Phi, I'm okay so don't make it into a big deal."

"It is a big deal. What sort of friend gave you hickeys?"

Mew totally forgot about how Gulf had marked him, "That's nothing."

"Oh really? I have no problem with you having fun, Mew but I should know where you are in case something happened. I can't just be at home oblivious while you get in trouble."

"I didn't get in any trouble and when have I ever in all these years?"

"Mew, I'm not saying you'll purposefully cause trouble but others aren't like that. You are still a child in my eyes. You know how cruel and twisted people can be. I can't let you wander around late at night."