♡26

"So, how have you been little sister?" asked Jaehwa, sipping his coffee

"So, how have you been little sister?" asked Jaehwa, sipping his coffee. Hyemin was a nervous wreck as she kept quiet in her seat. Her brother, Jaehwa, had asked to meet early in the morning before school to talk about some matters. 

"Good. You?" She had a few ideas about why he wanted to talk to her but prayed it wasn't that particular reason. She was beyond confused why he was in Korea when he was supposed to be in the US to manage his companies. 

"Extremely great. Although managing two different companies are tiring," 

"Get to the point. Why are you here?"

"You already know the reason, Hyemin," He smirked. "Dad wants you back in the US."

Those were the words she dreaded to hear. 

"What? Why?" she asked, knowing the exact reason why, he wanted her to take over his company so he could retire. "Why can't you do it?"

"You already know I have two companies to manage."

"One more won't hurt, right?"

"You don't understand, Hyemin. He's letting you take over the company he built 40 years ago. He's giving you his company knowing damn well you are just his step-daughter."

She gritted her lips. "You can have it if you care so much." 

Jaehwa calmly declared. "We're leaving in a week." 

Hyemin felt her eyes swell with tears. She stood up hastily and left the Cafe. 

♡♡♡

Hyemin turned in the opposite direction from school and headed home instead. This was too much for her. She didn't want to leave this place. She didn't want to leave Sunghoon

All this started when her mom married Jaehwa's dad, Mr. Son, when she was 10. They planned to move to the US to expand their company but Hyemin strongly disagreed. 

Her mother and Mr. Son agreed to let her stay with her aunt's family, with the condition that one day, she'd come to take over his company when he retired. 10-year-old Hyemin vigorously agreed just so she could stay here. 

All this time, Hyemin thought she'd live here until her mid-20s, never did she think he'd retire this early. But now that this was actually happening, it all felt so surreal. She didn't know how to tell her friends, or most importantly Sunghoon

She felt her eyes well with tears and she sighed frustratedly. How would he react? Would he be sad she was leaving? Would he dump her because of it? She mentally cursed at herself for falling for the boy. This all was never supposed to happen. 

Her phone vibrated, meaning there was a new message. 

definitelynotsunghoon : good morning 🌞