Chapter 16

Kang Nari

Kang Nari

It seemed that Gu Jun-Pyo had long left the school's premises as Woobin led Nari to his motorbike. 

"Sorry princess, only one helmet. I promise you though, with or without a helmet, I am very good at it." Woobin winked at Nari as he put his helmet on. 

Nari gaped at his statement. 

"At driving, of course." Woobin looked at Nari with a teasing look through his helmet's gap before sliding glass over it. 

Seeing the risk in his motorbike, Nari almost chickened out. Almost. 

It seemed that ever since coming to Shinhwa, she was getting so many 'first' experiences. 

She could always sue Song Woobin if they were to get into an accident. 

Right? 

"Yo, you getting on or what?" Woobin asked as he took the bike out of parking and revved up the engine. 

Nari decided to take her chances with death and settled herself behind Song Woobin, maintaining an appropriate distance. Though through the sound of the motorbike, Nari couldn't hear anything, she saw Woobin's back as though he was laughing. 

Suddenly, the bike jerked forward and Woobin abruptly pressed the breaks, making Nari crash into Woobin's back as her face pressed onto his shoulder blades. 

"You see, princess, unless you want to fly off to another planet, I suggest you hang on tight to me as we ride." Woobin turned his face side where Nari's face was pressed and said those words to her after sliding his glass to reveal his teasing smirk. 

Nari found herself questioning if it was too late to back out now. Just why had she asked him for help? She wondered. 

Nari wanted to hang onto Woobin but the empty juice bottle in her hand stood as an obstacle. 

Had she really been carrying this around the whole afternoon? Nari shook her head at her own foolishness as she looked at the bottle. Finding an absence of recycling bin or a trash bin, she just placed the bottle in the inner pocket of her coat. 

She slowly wrapped her hands around Woobin's waist as he waited patiently for her to become comfortable. 

"You ready, princess?" Woobin asked through the noise of the engine roaring. Nari heard it nonetheless. 

Nari knew that Woobin asked the question with double meaning. Was she ready to face Jun-Pyo knowing that there would be consequences of her actions? Was she ready to put herself at further risk by deepening her enmity with Jun-Pyo. 

Nari hummed in response, knowing Woobin had heard it. 

Her response was all Woobin needed as he kickstarted his bike and flashed through the premises of Shinhwa. Nari instinctively tightened her hold on him as the speed increased and laid her head on his back, letting the momentary security comfort her.