Chapter 7

Kang Nari

Kang Nari was having a good day. 

Apart from the usual stares of the people at her school, nothing special had happened today. It had been a couple of days since she had dinner with Jandi's family. The pair accompanied by Gaeul had been hanging out lately. Nari felt herself grow closer to the two girls as the days went by. They were easy to be around with. When Nari was with them, she didn't need to worry about keeping up with appearances or worry about what they might think of her. She felt relaxed when she was with them. 

A warm breeze blew by, making Nari smile as the wind caressed her figure and the sun kissed her face. She was in the usual Shinhwa uniform with her hair partially tied up with a ribbon, a couple of strands framing her face. She was in Shinhwa's garden, walking with Jandi and a new friend of Jandi- Oh Minji. 

She observed as the girl ate her ice-cream while walking backwards, chatting away with Jandi. Nari didn't know how to feel about her. Nari hadn't tried making any new friends apart from Jandi. She supposed she had gotten too comfortable with it being just Jandi, Gaeul, and her that the possibility of someone else coming in scares her. She ostracized herself for judging Oh Minji and not growing fond of her for reasons that were not her fault. 

Nari let out a sigh. She supposed it will take time until she grows comfortable around Oh Minji. 

Nari was snapped out of her thoughts as she watched Oh Minji crash into someone and drop her ice-cream on his branded shoes. Nari's blood went cold.

Gu Jun Pyo.

He wasn't alone. He was accompanied by the rest of the F4. Nari watched as a look of disbelief took over Jun-Pyo's features which was then replaced by a look of pure anger. Nari could see him trying to restrain himself.

This wasn't good. Not good at all. 

Nari's eyes widened in panic as her gaze moved from Gu Jun Pyo to other members of the F4, hoping for even a small possibility that the chaos that Nari anticipated would not ensue. 

Nari caught Yoon Jihoo's eyes, only to find him already looking at her. The look on his ethereal face was calm and his eyes gave away nothing as they stared at her intently. Unable to handle his gaze, Nari looked away and focused on the situation with Oh Minji and Gu Jun Pyo and saw the girl apologize repeatedly.

"S...Su...Sunbaenim--" Oh Minji kept stuttering, her eyes close to tearing up. If looks could kill, Oh Minji would have ceased to exist by now.

"I am so sorry, Jun-Pyo sunbae-nim." Oh Minji hastily got up from near Jun Pyo's feet and kept bowing profusely. 

"Sorry?" Gu Jun-Pyo asked, mockingly.

"If apologizing solved everything, why would the world need laws and police?" Gu Jun-Pyo added, standing tall.