Chapter 8

Kang Nari

Kang Nari

Kang Nari let out a tired sigh as she sipped through her smoothie. She looked over at where Jandi and Gaeul were sitting across from her at the table, they, too, had the same sullen expression on their faces. 

After school had ended, Jandi and Nari decided to go out for a smoothie to relax after the messy day they had and even invited Gaeul with them. Jandi, unable to keep everything to herself, exploded like a pressure cooker in front of Gaeul, telling her about everything that happened. 

Hence the sullen faces.

It wasn't just the day that worried her but rather the consequences of it. She had witnessed enough incidents at Shinhwa to predict what might wait for her and Jandi as the direct consequences of their actions today. 

"I'm scared." Nari, unable to help her worries, whispered. Jandi and Gaeul both paused in their movements to look at Nari carefully.

"Don't be. You did well today." Jandi said, reaching across the table to take Nari's hand in her own. The action of comfort did help Nari somewhat, but she couldn't keep her anxiety at bay. 

"Nonetheless. I can't help but worry about what might wait for us when we get back to school." Nari expanded. 

Nari's worry was met with silence. Even knew Jandi knew that the F4 weren't to be taken lightly. Though Jandi may be able to handle them herself, she was more worried about this timid friend of hers who can't even hurt an ant. 

The trio let out a sigh as the same thoughts ran through everyone's minds.

"Don't worry." Jandi said, breaking the dreary silence.

"Whatever happens, I will always stay by your side." She reassured Nari with a smile, pressing the hand she was holding. 

Nari was touched by the statement. She felt her heart warm up at the words and tears lined her waterline. She looked towards Gaeul who was also smiling kindly at her. 

It was in that moment that Kang Nari realized that no matter what happens, she will always stand by these two friends of hers. She will always try to do right by them and be there for them for they had also promised the same thing. 

Realizing the girl was almost about to cry, Jandi and Gaeul stood up from their chairs and moved close to her. Both girls hugged Kang Nari as she finally let out her tears. Kang Nari felt like a child for having burst into tears in front of her friends and in public of all places. She should really try and control her water tap. 

Rubbing circles on her back, Gaeul and Jandi waited until Nari had calmed down before moving away. Thankfully, their little incident wasn't noticed by anyone as the shop was empty. 

"Don't worry, Nari-ya. We always got your back." Gaeul assured, slowly wiping away Nari's tears.

The girl just nodded in response as she took her time to gather herself, sipping her smoothie once in a while. Meanwhile, Jandi and Gaeul dropped the topic and changed the conversation to the porridge shop they worked at.