BLAZE

A new home for a fresh start; for Jonas, the emotions ran wild like the first night they spent together on their honeymoon. The feelings soared in intensity as Jonas unveiled his wife's body from her nightgown.

"Sierra, we don't have to."

"But I want to."

They both knew the only person who could trigger anything at that moment was Sierra. Her mental state was still fragile, and the couple needed therapy, but some answers resided in the most basic actions. 

It wasn't just sex.

 It was never just sex between them. The act was never about performance but a symbol of their love, a love so strong it left them breathless at that instant where their bodies reconnected.

Pain.

Anger, hunger, frustration, and desire, the couple had suffered so much that all emotions raged. All poured and spilled in unequal quantities, but love came and extinguished all fires. Sierra's nails rasped Jonas back, and the heat made his tattoo swell. The woman gasped as Jonas went deeper; Sierra's grips tightened around his neck as a familiar sensation swept over her body. The heat rose slowly; Jonas had his way of making it last. It was as though Jonas knew precisely when Sierra reached her climax and held it in the right spot.

Jonas, too, got caught by the throbbing sensation which electrified his body. Shock waves of pure bliss without any additives. Every movement transcended and spread to the core of their pleasure zone. Their bodies formed one entity.

Their gazes reflected swirling emotions. The images were not of their loss, and it was Sierra who saw pictures of when they shared a bed when Leone had chickenpox, followed by the episode where Sierra put soothing cream on Jonas's back and saw his Sak Yant tattoo.

The woman realized for how long she had loved him and the time she wasted as she deprived herself of that love.

Jonas wasn't just the man of her dreams. He was, as they were then, a part of her.

Sierra's toes curled before she released them and whispered, "je t'aime, Jonas."

It wasn't the first time, but it hit the man in a particular place. The words boosted and restored a piece of the confidence he lost.

Men need to be reassured. Sierra could not imagine how the simplicity of her actions triggered another stage of their healing process.

Jonas had made the first step, and Sierra reduced the distance to allow them to walk on the same path.

Again, sex didn't solve everything but placed another brick that came to reinforce the foundations of their marriage.

They didn't fall asleep directly. Instead, the couple had an open heart conversation. As Jonas suspected, his wife had a lot more on her plate. Sierra hesitated to tell him about Rut, but there wouldn't be another occasion.

Jonas didn't say a word, but his body temperature rose to the point Sierra thought the man feverish.

No apology or excuse could be attributed to Rut's behavior.

When Sierra woke up, Jonas was gone. It was only 7 AM. Leone was awake and waiting in his cradle for her, just like the breakfast Jonas set for them in the dining room with a note explaining he was at his office.

The man wished to be the first at work. He had already sent an email to Dirk Alstrom, knowing Dirk the papers would be on his desk before 9 am.

Ulrich was surprised to see his brother.

"Jonas, are you alright?" Ulrich asked as he posed his backpack.

"I'm good; we need another project manager ASAP. Do you think you can find one?"