HONEYMOON

Ten days, alone with Jonas. 

Leone's absence made the situation more stressful. The child's presence sometimes served as a pretext. Sierra could always act occupied. Since Sierra knew the man never had, she spent more than five hours alone with him. Yet, there she was stuck with Jonas, her husband.

Husband.

Her husband

Husband.

The word played and repeated itself since they said yes in Victoriahuset. In an instant, their life had changed.

Who would have thought Sierra would marry the stranger who turned up at her door claiming to be her son's father?

Now, her hand rested intertwined with his as they flew over Europe to their honeymoon destination.

Yes, things went fast, and doubts plus fears still slumbered in a drawer of her mind. Sierra left her home, job, friends, and kin to be with Jonas. It was a crazy bet, but somehow the woman felt she hit the jackpot.

"Are you okay?" Jonas asked.

"Yes, I feel as though my feet haven't touched the ground."

"They technically haven't. We won't be landing before," Jonas looked at his watch and calculated the remaining flight hours. They had already flown for four. The man proceeded to answer, "fifteen hours and twenty-one minutes."

In reality, the honeymoon was reduced to eight days if one counted the two days they lost in flight.

Sierra smiled, reassured by his voice which never surpassed a certain level of octaves. Jonas' words and actions were always evident. All found a balance and purpose with his clear explanations. 

These traits were some of those Sierra loved about him. There was that his intelligence, thoughtfulness, and his wife had to admit the one-meter ninety-one centimeters Scandinavian was worth the detour.

Sierra noticed how the women flaunted in front of him. They had only been married six hours, and the bride was already giving dark stares of jealousy to those who attempted to reel in the man's attention.

"I'm so excited," Jonas said.

The only opportunity Jonas had to be alone with Sierra was in his dreams, but even there, the moment found itself interrupted by an invader, usually Vincent or the Gauthiers. Strangely enough, Cecile only appeared in dreams where she starred alone.

"You are?" Sierra asked.

"You're not?"

"Of course I am. It's justㅡ."

Sierra could not say it. They spoke about it once and avoided mentioning the topic since. They knew each other, lived together and shared tender moments, but one theme remained in their timidity spectrum.

But was it something needing mentioning?

Sierra did not know, and she wondered why Jonas didn't bring up the subject.

Wasn't he interested?

For it was all Sierra had in mind now they greenlighted their union. It wasn't sweat but hot steam that came out of the woman's pores as her mind made a director's cut of X-rated bedroom scenes.

"Sierra?"

"No, nothing, forget it," the woman replied in a hurry.

"No, you've been hiding something since we left. What is it?"

"Nothing, I swear," the woman said and lowered her gaze.

"You're blushing, tell me, whisper in my ear if you want."