[DemonSlayer] Rengoku x Reader

Rengoku was helping his little brother with some house chores when his messenger bird flew in

"RENGOKU KYOJURO, DEMONS ATTACKS AT A VILLAGE ON THE TOP OF [****] MOUNTAIN!! REPORT THERE IMMEDIATELY!!" The bird repeated before Rengoku hushed it

"You have to leave now?" Senjuro asked with a frown

Rengoku smiled "Unfortunately, but don't worry! I'll be back before you know it"

Rengoku ruffled his younger brother's hair, wished him good bye, then left with his sword. He had to board a train, so it would be a while before he got there.

Rengoku boarded the train and sat in this seat. After a bit a man came over and sat next to him. It was silent as the train took off.

"So you're a slayer?" the man finally spoke

Rengoku looked over "Yes sir, i'm going on a mission right now."

the man scoffed "Where at?"

"I don't believe i'm allowed to share that information" Rengoku said as kindly as possible

"Why can't i know?"

"It's better that we don't let out our information, especially to people we have never personally met." Rengoku said then they both went silent.

The man pulled out a note pad and began writing. Rengoku tried his best to stay out the man's business but couldn't help but peek over at what he was writing. The man took notice and closed the book.

"I'm sorry but I must ask. Are you going to the village on [****] mountain? The one on the very top?" The man said

"Yes sir, I am! How did you guess?"

The man chuckled "Lots of slayers have been sent up there recently. I haven't seen any return though."

"That could be the reason they are sending me! I am a hashira"

The man looked in awe "Oh! I'm so sorry for being mean earlier! I didn't know"

"It's fine, sir! I didn't even notice" He said and they both laughed

"Are you writing to someone? I saw the notepad."

The man smiled softly "It's more like a journal. I've began traveling and writing about it. Once I finish I plan on giving it to my daughter. She's always been interested in traveling but never can. She's been extremely sick recently..."

"Im sorry to hear that, sir" Rengoku said

They talked about each other's families until the train came to a stop and Rengoku had to exit.

"It's been a pleasant ride with you" The man said as Rengoku got up

"You too, sir! I hope your daughter gets well soon!"

This made the man smile and wave him off.

Rengoku stepped off the train and it rushed away. He walked the rest of the way to the mountain then began ascending it, keeping a hand on the handle of his sword.

It was a weirdly calm walk but when he reached the entrance a evil aura flowed out the town. It was foggy and hard to see.He walked into the village and screams echoed through out the broken down community.

Rengoku looked around from where the screams were coming from and dashed over there. It was a larger house and it seemed the door had been ripped off it's hinges, and was now laying on the ground. Rengoku became cautious and creeped into the house.

Furniture had been thrown and ripped around the house. Even the floors and walls had been scratched, it looked as if a wild animal ran through the home.