Chapter 5 - Seeing the Team

Yasuko stood in the gym, dressed in sportswear. She wore a white shirt with black shorts, and black sneakers. Additionally, she wore two knee protectors, one being black while the other was white, the white one supporting her left knee.

She casually stretched, ignoring the eyes gazing upon her form. Rotating her wrists and bending them in ways that shouldn't be possible, she sighed. She missed the feeling of this, standing in the gym stretching as she got ready to play.

Looking around the gym she saw a total of six players, not including herself. The coach was a woman with a short stature and ever shorter hair, she was wearing a tracksuit with the Seigaku colors.

Yasuko moved her eyes to the tallest girl of the six. She had long dark brown hair in a high ponytail and brown eyes. She seemed to know a few of the other girls and had a welcoming aura around her.

Beside her was a short girl with shoulder length light brown hair and green eyes. Her hair was let down loose and she was energetically talking to the taller girl.

Next was a girl with black hair which was tied into a long side braid. She was tanner in complexion and had bright blue eyes. She was around the same height as the first girl, just an inch or two shorter. She was quiet, just listening to the conversation.

After her was a girl who had dirty brown hair in a bob cut and black eyes. She was the shortest of the group and stood on the sideline, looking at her nails.

Then, there were the last two girls who seemed to be new as they were awkwardly standing on the side beside each other. The first one was a girl with light brown hair in a low, short ponytail and green eyes while the other girl had a mix of dyed black and pink hair in a high bun with grey eyes.

Yasuko looked away, continuing with her stretching and her lip pursed into a straight line. It was already different from Shiratorizawa. Too different.

Coach Hirawasa was a science teacher who somehow ended up as the advisor and coach of the girls volleyball team. She didn't know how, but around five years ago she somehow ended up becoming the advisor and somewhat of a coach after the previous teacher retired.

Now, she wasn't an athlete, but she did know enough about sports to do average in them. She had a bit of volleyball knowledge and after being in the business for five years she knew enough to be able to help these girls at least.

So, when she saw a tall, somewhat muscular girl enter and noticed how she immediately went to stretch, Hirawasa had a feeling she just scored a really good player who was dedicated to the sport.

'Who is that?'

She looked at the files in hand of the players who decided to sign up for the club. She had four returning players in the gym today, one player out of commission temporarily, two new first years, and now this girl.

Sakusa Yasuko, a third year transfer student who was previously from Shiratorizawa, who went there on a volleyball scholarship.

Oh, Hirawasa scored big.

She looked at the files again of each player.

Sakusa Yasuko

Age : 14

Birthday : July 1

Year : Third (Transfer from Shiratorizawa)

H/C : Black

E/C : Black

Height : 5'7 / 174cm