Chapter 4 - First Day of School

The first day of school came quicker than expected. Yasuko wasn't excited or nervous, she was unbothered. Honestly, she missed Shiratorizawa because all her friends were there. It wouldn't be the same without them.

Wearing the Seigaku uniform, she cringed at the design. The uniform consisted of a dark blue checkered skirt with a lighter blue sailor jacket that was trimmed gold and yellow, a white blouse, and a red bow. Of course, Yasuko wore her white medical mask out of habit.

She liked the Shiratorizawa uniform better, not because of the colors, but due to the design. This uniform was just too much.

'Maybe I don't have to wear the sailor jacket the entire time...' she thought to herself, already concocting various ideas for alternative uniform designs she could wear while in school.

"I see Yasuko-chan!" Before she could turn around, she was glomped on by Eiji who held her in a tight hug. "I've missed you-nya!"

"Please let me go, Eiji-kun," Yasuko mumbled out, putting her hand on his shoulder. "We saw each other three days ago and you've been messaging me nonstop."

Pouting, he let her go, giving the girl a good view of him. The redhead was wearing a black gakuran with a white shirt underneath and black trousers, the typical boys uniform.

"But I still missed you-nya!" Eiji grinned, walking beside her as they began to head towards Seigaku. "So you live in this direction too? Maybe we can walk to school and home everyday together-nya."

"Whatever, do what you want," the black haired girl replied, adjusting her school bag around her shoulder.

Despite her harsh sounding words, Eiji beamed. "Waa! You're the best Yasuko-chan-nya!"

As they walked, Eiji continued to ramble about different topics. Yasuko silently listened even though she looked annoyed. She wasn't much of a talker, she was more of a listener and didn't mind that the boy was talking her ear off.

"By the way do you play a sport Yasuko-chan?" Eiji suddenly asked, making her glance at him.

"Volleyball."

"Volleyball-nya?" the boy repeated, humming. "I can see that. I play tennis, though I'm pretty sure you know-nya."

She nodded. "You and Ōishi-san are both on the team I'm guessing," Yasuko replied watching as Eiji seemed to get more hyperactive. "My older brother, he plays tennis."

"Really-nya?!" Eiji bounced. "What's his name? Is he good? Has he won any tournaments? Ne ne tell me-nya!"

"Sakusa Ichiro. He's a second year at Itachiyama Institute."

"Ooooh! I've heard of him before-nya! So he's your older brother? That's amazing-nya."

Yasuko nodded, feeling proud that her brother was well known for his skills. "What about you?" Yasuko questioned, making the boy tilt his head. "Are you well known in the tennis world?"

"I guess I am-nya! Ōishi and I form Seigaku's Golden Pair-nya!" The boy was beaming in pride. "This year we're going to become number one! But the ranking matches don't start until the second week of school so we're just doing regular practices-nya."

"Good luck then." Yasuko patted his shoulder. "We're here, so I'll be heading off."

"Eh?" Eiji looked to see that the two had infact arrived at the front gates of Seigaku. "W-Wait for me Yasuko-chan, we can walk to class together-nya!"

"I'm in class 3-11."

"Awww. I'm in class 3-6." He pouted. "I'll still walk you to class though-nya."

"Do what you want."