Chapter 2 - Welcome Home

"Thank you for driving me home Ryuzaki-san, I really appreciate it," Yasuko said, holding her luggage in her hands.

"It's fine Yasuko," the older woman replied, smirking. "Just make sure to tell your mother to treat me to dinner sometime."

The girl nodded. "Of course. Have a safe drive home. It was nice meeting you, Ryuzaki-san, Sakuno-chan."

"Bye Sakusa-san," the girl responded, smiling. "I hope to see you around when school starts.

"Of course."

"Welcome back kid," Ryuzaki said before closing the window and driving off.

Yasuko watched as the car drove away before turning back to her home. Walking towards the front door, she opened pocket before fumbling for her keys to open the door. Once she inserted the key into the lock, she twisted it, pushing it open to reveal the entrance of her home.

Stepping inside, she placed her luggage down and closed the door behind her so she could remove her shoes. She looked at the shoe rack in front of her. 'One... Two... Three... Four... Five? I guess Motoya is here.'

Placing her shoes down next to each other, she picked up her bags once again and slipped on her slippers and began to walk up the stairs to her room so she could place her bags down. When she reached her room, she quietly opened it, smiling when she realized it was still the same as always.

The same old beige carpet which covered the wooden floors pressed against her feet as she walked inside. A single bed covered by a blue plaid pattern blanket with two pillows, the desk by the corner of her room where the window was, the bookshelf full of magazines and books which sat right next to the closet, and finally the TV which was across from her bed, being held up by a drawer.

Her room was the smallest between her family members, but it was cozy.

Yasuko walked towards her bed and placed her bags down onto the floor beside it, moving over to her desk to run a hand on the surface. She looked at her finger rubbing them together with a smile of exasperation.

It was clean. Not dusty at all.

She knew that Kiyoomi had been cleaning her room ever since she was gone.

Buzz Buzz!

Hearing a buzz from her pocket, Yasuko pulled out her phone, seeing she had received multiple messages from her Shiratorizawa volleyball friends in the groupchat they had made.

Volleyball Things🏐💅

SemiSemiSemiSemi

Yasuko, did you get home?

Who the hell changed the names again?!

Mama Bird

Tendou...

Benkei

He's laughing about it right now

Guess Monster

GASP!

You promised not to tell!

Traitors!

But Yasu-chan are you home now?!

How could you leave without saying goodbye to me!

Japan

She was in a rush to get to her train.

She has probably arrived home at this time.

Falcon Man

Yo Sakusa check your messages