9. STRANGER TO ME

Agalya Bindhu:

My tears were not coming out..., All I felt was pain... so much pain in my heart.

I felt the pain increase...  when Devansh lifted me up and took me to the first aid room. Devansh asked me to wash my face first as it was covered with sand particles ;

(I feel totally embarrassed... I am sure I am looking like a sand monster) 

I hate my cousins... From small size to big size everyone in my family has taken the oath of insulting me it seems..

 The thing which I didn't notice was I had open bleeding wounds and my face was covered with blood... When I pressed my wounds unknowingly I winced helplessly in pain..

 He immediately stopped me from washing my face.. he glared my wrists as though they have just hurt him..

He turned me to face his side..

 and I didn't know I felt ashamed and helpless on my situation that my eyes started flooding seeing so much concern for me in his eyes..

He wiped the sand with his own hands carefully trying not to touch my wounds... and treated the wounds with antiseptic liquid.

 (I know its not the time but he looks so damn handsome ) He had a cute frown and his scent was already stopping my tears along with my senses as he was so close to me for first time when he was cleaning my wounds..

 ( I didn't even make a noise even though it pained a lot )

 He later called some medical professional from the reception in his phone. Everything happened so fast, he was rushing here and there cursing and looking at me with care.

He kneeled down near the chair I was sitting and gave me water to drink.

"Why does your relatives and cousins behave like this?" Devansh asks while we wait for the doctor.

" I... It's not your problem..." I looked down ashamed to tell him the truth , I tried changing the topic " I am sorry for troubling you... by the way how did you know I got hurt? " I asked him, My throat clogged when I saw hurt in his eyes

 Hurt by my words.

"It's not your problem!" he said repeating my words glaring at me. Me who was already in distress started crying hearing his angry tone on me...

"What? why are you crying?" Devansh asked panicking.

" Nothing... I don't care even when my cousins or relatives hurt me, I only get hurt when someone I really love hurts me.... like my parents , like you my......."

" idol" I say still crying and looking down.

I didn't know the answer for his next question.

"Do you... love me?!" he asked seeing into my wet eyes with the same concern. 

I felt my heart beating fast..... I am scared whether he could hear the loud thud noises my heart makes.

 ( I know what he is asking me and definitely...  though he is my idol...  I don't love him in THAT way.... right??)

" I.. umm.." I tried avoiding his eyes.

" Where is she...?" I heard a loud familiar voice outside the room.

 It was my mom.. she was at the entrance but the staff where blocking her according to devansh's request as he asked them not to allow anyone without his consent when he brought me to the first aid room

"It's my mom!" I said, he looked as though I broke him from his peaceful state..

"OK... I will let her in but.. before that.. I am sorry for what your cousins did and I know I am no one to interfere in your life... but take care..." he said still being hurt by my previous words