20. The Future

One year later

Bosco's POV:
----

My wings raised up against the soft breeze and I sighed in content, twirling a strand of Jeffrey's mane as I kept myself up on his back. We watched the busy town below us from a ledge near the castle, exhausted from todays duties.

"You alright, baby?" I jumped, turning to see Jasmine flying up behind us. She was as beautiful as ever, having completely mastered her responsibilities with the moon. I smiled, lowering myself down from Jeffrey's back to wrap my arms around her.

"Never been better." I pressed a quick kiss to her lips, leaning into her embrace and looking down at the town again. "Just taking a break."

Jasmine hummed in response, and I felt her hand running through my feathers. I squeaked, giggling and hiding my face in her neck. "Jasmine you know my wings are sensitive-"

"But I can't help it." She smiled, pulling her hands away and resting them on my waist instead. "They're so pretty. You're so pretty. I love you so much."

I blushed, leaning closer to her and brushing my lips against hers. "I love you the most."

"Jas! Co!" A small and sweet voice called out for us, and we turned to seen June and her wife, Alyssa, walking up to us. Their one year old daughter called out her names for us, smiling as she held her arms out while Alyssa carried her.

I never thought I'd be such a softie for kids, but Alia was adorable and absolutely captured my heart. She giggled as I picked her up from her mother's arms.

"She's been looking for you two." June said with a small laugh. "She definitely has an infatuation with you princesses."

"She's got great taste." I smiled as I snuggled the small girl in my arms, taking my crown off and setting it down on her head. Alia giggled even more, her little wings flapping behind her quickly. I pulled myself back up onto Jeffrey, holding her on my lap.

"Careful with her, baby." Jasmine said, Jeffrey nudging her arm for head pats that she had no choice but to give him. "Hold onto her."

"I know what I'm doing." I smoothed Alia's hair back as she gently pet Jeffrey. "You wanna go find the others?" I asked her in a gentle voice.

Alia nodded quickly, gazing up at me and leaning back. "Kerri and Maddy?"

"We can go find them." I smiled, looking back at June and Alyssa. "Can I take her?"

"Please, we need a break." June let out a sigh of relief. "Watch her with her wings, she thinks she's big enough to use them."

"I've got her." I promised, keeping an arm around her and sending Jeffrey into a gallop towards the river. Alia squealed and raised her wings against the wind, giggling as Jeffrey bounded across the fields.

Almost every surface was covered in bright flowers and mushrooms and plants I had never even heard of. Jorgeous had completely mastered her abilities and had taken over for Angie in that aspect. Willow left trails of mushrooms everywhere she went, and was almost always followed by Daya, who was constantly being followed by animals herself.

Jeffrey galloped through all the flowers and towards the river. Maddy was laying on a low cloud, hand outstretched as lightning sparks flicked around her fingers. Kerri hadn't quite mastered her abilities just yet, and my sister had proven to be the best fit to train her fully.

"Maddy!" Alia called up to her from my lap. Maddy sat up, looking down at us and smiling when she saw Alia.

I scooped the small girl up in my arms, flying up from Jeffrey's back and settling down beside Maddy on the cloud. "She wanted to come see everyone."