15. Don't Go

Bosco's POV:
----

Jasmine had herself tucked under my wing, her arm draped over my chest as we laid back on a dark cloud. I stared up at the sky, not seeing a single star. Orion had fallen into my trap and gone after Jorgeous.

Usually I would be overjoyed at this, but all I could feel was shame. Especially when Jasmine snuggled closer, burying her head in my neck.

"Baby? Can I ask you something?" She whispered as if she was afraid someone would hear. I hesitantly nodded, pulling her closer.

"Of course, Jasmine." I laid my head on top of hers and a pain immediately shot through my chest. I clenched my teeth, screwing my eyes shut. The shadows didn't like my feelings for her. The shadows knew it distracted me from my task.

Jasmine traced her finger over my feathers as she thought about what she was going to say. "...Will you hurt me, Bosco?" There was a quiver to her voice.

It sent chills up my spine. I didn't want to hurt her. I was going to do everything I could to stall taking her abilities. Even though I wanted them so bad, I wanted her more.

"No, I would never hurt you..." I said quietly, laying my hand on her cheek and kissing her lips softly. "You're safe with me."

Jasmine smiled wrapping her arms around my neck and pulling me closer. This girl was slowly chipping away at my heart, and I desperately wanted her to. She was probably my only hope at this point. I traced my thumb over her jaw, wrapping my wings around her.

"Jasmine! I need you!" June shouted up to us. I looked down at her, finding her watching me with an unimpressed look.

Jasmine sighed, kissing my cheek. "I'll be back." She said before flying down to June, leaving me on the cloud alone.

I watched them disappear back into the castle before sighing and turning over on my back. I was so conflicted. I knew what I was here to do, but I don't think I could do it anymore.

The more I thought about her, the more I thought about giving back what I had taken and living normally beside everyone, the stronger the pain became. I closed my eyes, gripping the soft cloud beneath me as I tried to steady myself.

There was a burning in my throat before my eyes snapped open. I held my hands up to my neck, thrashing and laying on my side as I began to heave and cough. My body trembled, a sharp pain aching in my head.

Shadows poured from my mouth and wrapped around me, the horns that were once hidden by my hair growing larger and curving into sharp points. I coughed up more of the darkness, the pain traveling down my back until it was lined with sharp thorn-like spikes.

I groaned, looking down at my hands. My eyes went wide when they landed on my them. They were replaced by a dark layer of shadows, long curved claws poking out of them.

I panicked. Jasmine couldn't see me like this. No one could see me likes this. I wrapped my wings around myself, fading into the shadows so I wouldn't be seen.

I wasn't Bosco anymore. I was a monster. And I didn't deserve Jasmine's love.

Those thoughts didn't last long. My eyes glossed over, and instead of the dark, a deep red mist poured from them.

I didn't deserve Jasmine's love, but I needed her power.

Orion's POV:
----

Time seemed to drag by as I forced myself up another flight of stone stairs. Jorgeous had gone quiet, and it was terrifying me. I was going purely based on instinct, following the narrow passageways as my wings dragged along the ground.

"Jorgeous?" I called out. No response. I sighed, wiping tears from my eyes as I turned down another tunnel. I stumbled over my own feet, falling to the floor and curling up in a ball.

I didn't know how much longer I could do this. It was cold, it was dark, and it was lonely. I wanted out so bad. But I wasn't about to leave without my girlfriend.

Just when I pulled myself back up onto my feet, there was a soft call of my name. I looked to the side, hurrying down another passageway. "Jorgeous? I'm coming!"

I panted as I ran, following the sound of her cries until I came to a halt. I was back where the ground had crumbled, the only thing separating me from Jorgeous being the large gap.

My powers had grown weak in the shadows, and I used the last bit of strength I had to make a single star for a stepping stone. I quickly jumped onto it and onto the ledge, scooping Jorgeous up in my arms before something else could happen.

"Baby? Babygirl?" I held her tightly, more tears streaming down my face. "My sweet star, are you okay?"

She shivered in my arms. I brushed her hair out of her face, gasping when I was able to see right through her small frame. She slowly looked up at me, dropping her head against my chest.

"F-Fading, Ry..." She whispered, trying to hold onto me. "Sh-She took my powers..."

"N-No..." I stood up with her in my arms, stepping onto the star and back into the tunnel. "Baby I've got you, you're gonna be okay. We'll get you help..."

Jorgeous was quiet, shaking her head as she struggled to speak. "There is no help. She took it all..." She trailed off, her feathers starting to fall off until her wings were bare.

"Sweetheart you'll be okay..." My voice cracked as I carried her, trying to hurry and find the way out. "Baby please stay with me..."

Jorgeous wrapped her shaking arms around my neck. "Orion, I love you so much..."

I started to cry more, holding her close. "Baby I love you too but you're scaring me..."

Jorgeous dropped her hand to my cheek, leaning her forehead against mine and and pressing a soft kiss to my lips. "Please don't forget me..." She whispered. Her body was fading in my arms, and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

I shook my head. "Baby please don't go..." My voice shook. "Please please don't go..."

Jorgeous held on as long as she could. I dropped to the floor as she faded in my arms, leaving behind the rest of her feathers and a thin layer of sparkling dust.

My baby was gone. I sobbed as I held her feathers to my chest, curling up against the stone wall and shaking uncontrollably. She killed my baby. Bosco killed my baby.

And she was going to fucking pay.

----

Haha,,,oops-