C H A P T E R 8 4

Jessica spent her unconscious hours in her safe place.

She was sat at the dock, her legs dangling over the edge of the wooden bridge. Her feet submerged in the water, allowing the cold feeling to spread throughout her body in perfect contrast to the heat of the rising sun. She could almost smell the saltwater, hear the waves, home.

Her thoughts would be interrupted when voices of her loved ones began to ring throughout her mind. At first, she thought they were memories, life flashes before your eyes, right? But, the things she heard were completely new. They consisted of her friends and family telling her to come back. From where? Is she not dead?

'Hey little sis, it's okay you know. If you need a break, that's okay. Take the time you need, as long as it's not forever.' Jacob.

'Hey Jessie, it's Kylo. I miss you. Things are gonna be good, better than we've ever known, but not perfect. Not without you at least.' Kylo.

'Take your time to rest, girlie. God knows you deserve it.' Brayden.

'Hey Princess, I know your tired, I know. But please don't leave me, please? I love you more than you'll ever know. I need you, love, come back to me.' Finnick.

She woke slowly, her eyelids fluttering open only to squint at the sudden light.

AN: she lives, if anyones confused, she was in a kinda coma whilst her body healed. Also I know this is really short but 🤷‍♀️