C H A P T E R 2 9

"Good news. At least half the Tributes want you as an ally," Haymitch enters the room.

"Well, they saw her shoot," Peeta says proudly.

"Well, sweetheart, you got your pick of the litter," Haymitch says.

"I want Wiress and Beetee." Katniss claims.

"Johanna calls them 'Nuts' and 'Volts'." Peeta informs them.

"Well, okay, good. Now, who else?" Haymitch asks.

"I don't know," Katniss sighs, "maybe Jessica. Maybe."

"Okay, that's good, now we're getting somewhere. Jessica would make a good ally, she's loyal. In her games, she reunited with her district partner and looked after him for the second part of her games. In fact, when a career killed him, she killed the career."

"She killed a career?" Peeta asks.

"Three of them, one from distance throwing a knife, two from close combat and the last one, the one who killed her partner, also close combat. She would make a loyal ally," he looks at Katniss' scowl, "I'll tell them your still making up your mind for now," Haymitch leaves again.

All the Tributes sit in one room, talking amongst themselves.

"District 4. Finnick Odair. Report for individual assessment." He gives Jessica's hand a squeeze before walking down the hall.

After 10 minutes, the voice speaks again, "District 4. Jessica Miller. Report for individual assessment."

In an act of rebellion, she throws her knives at a dummy, one in the heart, one in the head between the eyes and one you know where. She grabs some red paint, covering the bits she stabbed making it look like the dummy was alive. She added some blood dripping out of its mouth before sitting it on a chair and writing 'the odds are never in our favour' on the wall behind it. She walks straight past them on her way out, not bowing or smiling or even nodding in there direction. She payed them no attention as she walked out, though she saw Plutarch hide a smirk out the corner of her eye.

AN: kinda love Jessica's individual assessment