C H A P T E R 2 8

Katniss walks in to see the others fighting and notices three people sat around some twigs. Beetee, Wiress and Jessica.

Jessica had just told them to move their hands downwards.

"And faster too."

"A little brute force..." Wiress starts.

"...is always helpful," Beetee finished, "thank you." He says towards the two girls.

"By the corner of the table." Wiress says.

"Plutarch?" Katniss asks.

"No. Next to him." Wiress answers.

"Force field." Beetee states.

"How do you know," Katniss questions.

"The shimmering, top left side," Beetee explains, tilting Katniss' head, "you see it?"

"Looks like glass."

"To separate us and them," Wiress speaks again.

"Probably my fault. I shot an arrow at them last year." Katniss explains.

"Badass, Kitty." Jessica smirks, she's been concocting nicknames for her possible allies.

Katniss surprises herself also smiling at the nickname.

"Electromagnetic." Beetee conspires.

"How can you tell?" Katniss asks.

The two start to chuckle, "is it.. is it obvious it something," she looks at Jessica who shrugs.

Beetee laughs and repeats her, "is it obvious?" He laughed again.

"They might as well have a sign," Wiress says through chuckles.

"Look around you. All the holograms, the lights, every now and then they flicker. Why?"

Katniss stays silent so Jessica speaks up, "the force field is taking up too much energy."

"There's always a flaw in the system," Beetee smiles.

Jessica excuses herself and walks over to Peeta, who had been painting. "Looks good."

Peeta looks up and, seeing Jessica, "hey Jess," he smiles, "thanks."

She smiles at the boy before seeing Finnick in the background. Peeta follows her gaze and nods going back to his arm, "see you later Peetabread."

He smiles heartily at the nickname.

AN: introduced a couple nicknames, idk