Forty Two

16th June 2014

Harper

Kendall picked me up at around 11:30 for our brunch date. We both had the same casting to head to after so we thought we may as well go together.

The drive into the city was fine, we talked and sang along to the radio, it was getting out of the car and into the brunch spot that was the trouble.

We were absolutely surrounded by paparazzi, it was crazy. I'd only ever seen this type of madness on tv around people like Britney Spears, so for it to happen to me I felt really overwhelmed.

There were people left, right and centre. Cameras and flashes, shouts and questions. I didn't know where to look, who to look at, where to stand.. it was just a mess of feet and people.

They were shouting questions to me about Harry, where he was, if we've broken up, why am I friends with Kendall.. there were some really rude questions too which I couldn't really believe, I had never experienced people being so outwardly rude towards me.

As I went to walk in behind Kendall I felt myself being pushed back before a blow to my face. I wasn't sure if it was a hand or a camera lens or what but I could feel warm fluid gushing down my face.

I was bleeding.

Observing what had just happened, Kendall gasped in shock before taking my hand and pulling me through the door.

The people in the brunch place were really kind and fetched me some paper towels and a bowl of warm water, they also locked the doors so no one was able to get in. It was luckily empty as it had only just opened so Kendall and I were able to be left alone.

Look at meeeeee

I texted Harry a photo of me holding the bloody towels against my nose, I didn't know what response I was expecting - but when I got nothing I was slightly disappointed.

"Are you okay?" Kendall looked beyond concerned for me.

I smile faintly. "Despite this.. yes. I just hope this doesn't mess up my casting later."

"It won't do," Kendall shakes her head taking out a menu. "You rock a bloody nose look anyway," She winks making the two of us laugh.

. . .

"Mummy look what I made!" Sienna beams the second I walk into nursery, this nursery was definitely more focused on the practical side of child development and was into letting them paint, draw and bake. This is good for Sienna as she's always been a more practical learner - just like me.

"That is beautiful!"

It was a flower template and she had covered it in red, yellow and orange paint and tissue paper.

After talking to her teacher we leave and head back home. I was actually really tired, brunch with Kendall was great, we talked about all kinds of things together. I enjoyed being friends with her, despite what the media says, she's actually a great person.

Arriving back home I check my phone to see still no answer from Harry. I place it on charge and carry out the evening routine with Sienna.

. . .

"Babe I saw, what happened?"

I was really tired and not in the mood for FaceTime. I wanted to just sleep and forget about the day. Tomorrow I have a casting at 8am, then a shoot from 10 until whenever, they want six different looks so I'm guessing it'll take a while.

"With what?" I yawn.

"Erm.. your face?!" Harry was quite obviously very awake.

"That was hours ago H.."

"Yes but I've just seen the photo now,"

"But now I want to go to sleep so.. I'll tell you tomorrow,"

"No Harper, what happened?"

I huff, I wasn't even sure if my eyes were open, or if this conversation was even happening.

"I went to lunch with Kendall, there were a lot of paps..I got pushed and something hit me in the face."

"You do know this will be all over the internet?"

I shrug rubbing my eyes. "I'll worry tomorrow.."

"I feel like you don't care at all,"

I roll my eyes. "You're being dramatic Harry,"

"My girlfriend is miles away and gets hit in the face and I'm being dramatic?"

"Yes,"

"I should have expected this, you're hanging out with a Kardashian now,"

"Jenner," I quickly correct. "I'm hanging out with a Jenner, and just because of who her family are doesn't mean she's the same. It wasn't her fault so don't bring her into this,"

He was silent.

"I'm going to sleep Harry, I've got another full day tomorrow,"

"Yeah so do I, and a show tonight."

Forgot about time difference..

"Good luck,"

"Yeah,"

"I-"

And like that he ended the call, no goodbye, no I love you.. Just a blank screen.