Chapter Nineteen

20th February 2014

Harry.

It was the night of the Brits, I felt nervous, the boys felt nervous. It was manic. Lou and Caroline were rushing around trying to make sure we were all scrubbed up nice, Zayn disappeared for a cigarette, Niall left for a wee break.

I couldn't help but feel not so excited this year, not so into it. Sophia was smiling up at Liam, Eleanor was talking with Perrie.. who did i have?

Taking my phone out I text Harper. Excited for the Brits? .X

I wasn't sure what she was doing, I hadn't been able to text her since this morning as it had been a crazy day sorting out and getting here.

I was really liking how things with Harper were going, I hadn't felt like this with any other girl before, it was nice. I liked having someone to wake up to text, or someone that I can spoil, in this business you don't get much time to spend your money, so when I have the chance I take it with both hands.

I am, Sienna and I are on the sofa with a blanket, snacks and high juice. In for a wild night x

I smile, it was weird - this feeling in my chest. I all of sudden didn't want to be here, I wanted to be there, with Sienna and Harper, I wanted to sit with them and watch, Sienna would probably get bored and fall asleep, Harper would make is hot chocolate and subtly inch her feet towards me before I placed them on my lap.

Wish I was there .x

No you don't, you're actually GOING to the Brits. Told Sienna you'll be on tv but I don't think she fully understands.. x

I'll make sure to give her a shout out .x

I was rushed out and loaded into a car before I could even read Harper's reply. Once on the red carpet the boys and I were separated for some interviews. I was with Zayn mostly. Liam had the fun of taming Niall and Louis.

"...So recently Harry you've been spotted with a blonde female friend, is she just a friend?" After the interviewer asked me the question the camera was instantly shoved in my face. I noticed the camera man wearing a 'ITV' shirt which told me it was being broadcasted live to the tv.

"I mean, I'm just happy. I don't always think labels are necessary as long as people are happy. I also need to do a shoutout to Sienna," I smile waving down the lens before we are moved on to do group photos.

.

Once inside I checked my phone again.

Sienna was so happy, thank you. She thinks she's famous now x

She's a natural born star x

"Why are you so attached to your phone tonight?" Liam nudges me.

"I'm not.."

"You are, every time I've looked at you you're either on it or rushing things so you can look back at it,"

I sigh. "Just enjoy the Brits Liam,"

.

I was in the toilet on the phone to Sienna and Harper when Ben Winston came and shouted at me, telling me I was wanted on stage to accept an award.

.

After we performed I really wasn't interested in staying. It was 9:45pm and in all honesty I was bored.

"Whose after party are you going to?" Niall asks.

The boys all started talking about where they were heading off to, I however had other plans.

You up? .x

Isn't that a line you generally use for bootycalls? X

I wouldn't know .x

I've never had a booty call, okay yeah Sadie and I slept together a lot but I wouldn't consider her a booty call.

If you haven't noticed, I am awake x

Mind if I come over? Don't fancy going home and don't want to go to a party .x

Are you sure? You should go have fun! But if you want to, you can come over.. you can sleep over too if you would like, I'm taking Sienna ice skating again tomorrow and she asked if you were coming. You don't have to but I have a comfy sofa bed x

Sounds great, i'll stop by my place first. See you in half an hour .x

Great x

"Haz?"

I look up. "Sorry what?"

Louis sniggers. "What are you doing after?"

I stand. "I'm heading away now,"

The boys look confused.

"I've got.. somewhere to be, I'll see you in the studio next week," I smile before I'm escorted back to the car.

. . .

"Did you enjoy the Brits?"

Harper laughs, her legs on my lap. She was in a huge jersey top that read 'OUI' and some soft leggings finished with cute polka dot bed socks.

I liked how relaxed she was with me, she's always been quite relaxed around me, never worrying too much about her appearance like now for instance; her make-up washed off, hair high up. "I thoroughly enjoyed you running up to get the award,"

I roll my eyes. "I was on the phone to you, your fault." I teasingly pinch her toe.

She wiggles it with a laugh. "That's why I find it hilarious."

"Was Sienna confused?"

"Very, and she said your hair was funny."

"I'll have to have words with her." I joke.

"She just kept waving at the tv and saying 'look mummy it's Harry!'"

My heart warmed at the thought of Sienna being excited to see me.

"She's the cutest,"

"She'll be happy when she sees you in the morning,"

"Thanks for letting me stay over by the way,"

"It's fine.. sorry I don't have a spare room, you can take my bed and I take the sofa bed if you want?"

I look at her as if she's crazy. "No Harper, a sofa bed is perfectly fine, thank you."

I didn't like her feeling like she was inferior, the size of her house or the numbers in her bank weren't even questions in my mind. She's a young mum who has to provide, it's hard and I get that. If anything, it should be me who feels embarrassed because I spend without blinking whereas she has to watch every penny.

"Okay," She stands and takes our mugs from the coffee table, she made a good hot chocolate earlier on.

Returning she started to pile blankets and pillows onto the sofa. "Sorry about the Winnie the Pooh pillow," She laughed.

I shrug. "It's okay, I always have Dora pillows when I stay at Lou's,"

We both quietly pull the sofa into a bed, both of us sighing with relief once it's assembled. "Do what you want with the pillows and whatever,"

I nod, "Thank you, again."

She smiles rolling onto her toes and kissing my cheek. "Night Harry,"

My hand catches hers, pulling her into me. I kiss her slowly, it was the only thing that had really been on my mind tonight, her lips, forever soft and plump.

Pulling away we both smile."Night Harper,"